Major attitude overhaul achieved, now for the spoils :D

• Hi all!

I've been haunting these boards for awhile, and thought I should introduce myself.

For around 11 years I have been stuck in a pit of depression, lethargy and overeating. You know how, in winter, the only thing that can cheer you up sometimes is a retreat to beneath the covers and a mug of hot cocoa? Well, I felt like my whole life was one long winter, so that's all I ever did. Weight gain was just one side effect; my social and professional lives also suffered because, a lot of times, I couldn't get out of bed.

Then, around the start of this year, I started researching the link between mood and food / exercise. I forced myself to get out of bed in the mornings for regular runs, and discovered endorphins I also started eating more fresh foods and less processed junk, and began to really think about how the contents of my plate where affecting my body and mind. No big revolutions, just incremental realisations... and I lost 15 pounds.

Now that I am emerging from my rut, it's time to capitalise on these new discoveries and strip the rest of the weight off in a more systematic way. Exercise plan: a run every morning, rain or shine. Food plan: everything I put into my mouth has to be consumed with positivity - either good, nourishing food, or the occasional treat as a celebration or with friends. No more woeful face-stuffing, no more sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

New beginnings!
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • You GO, GIRL!!
    Yay for you. Dig deep into these threads and you will find countless stories of women who have done just what you did. They saw the light, and they grabbed it. They committed and were successful. As Rockin Robin and Mandelynn will tell you, it is not about some magical motivation; it is about commitment---- just the way marriage is; you may not always want to, but if you are committed, you will find a way.

It is never too late, and it is always a great joy to succeed. Big

Keep us posted!
  • Welcome to 3FC! And it sounds like you are well on your way to achieving your goals, good luck!!! :-)

~D~