Ate Myself Sick

• Sigh...I had been doing so well. I went out to a fancy lunch with a bunch of friends. It wasn't too bad..tomato parmesan soup, edamame, chicken, apple rice, carrots, salad, and a tiny dish of chocolate mousse.

I was still within my daily calorie limits (these werent the biggest portions ever). However, I was feeling all sad later that night and went out to dinner that same night. Got 2 slices asiago bread, a French dip, a cinnamon roll, and a brownie.

I don't know if it was just much more rich than I've been eating, or too much, or food poisoning, or what. But I just spent the past day and a half sick. Bad stomach pains, throwing up, weak, and, well, more. It came on later that night, and it didn't have any sneezing, coughing, etc, so I don't think it was a random touch of the flu.

Gah....why do I do this to myself? At least I think this will keep me on the good path from now on. I don't want to feel like that again!
  • Forget about it! Don't focus on where you went wrong, focus on what you did right! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
  • This is a good thing! It just goes to show you that your body can't tolerate that kind of feast anymore. I used to be able to eat myself into oblivion but like you I get sick when I eat too much. Have you noticed your body becomes really sensitive to what you give it now? Right now I'm feeling my tummy protrude from an excess of salt yesterday. I was never able to feel these small bloats before.

Love your photo!
  • It's what I call a food hangover!! Your body is rejecting the chemicals, sugar and everything it's not used to. Drink tons of water and try to get a bit of exercise in...I had one just before I went on my new diet and exercise program and it was awful. Give me a real hangover anyday
  • Sounds like food posioning, not 'rich food.' i think you might have gotten some germs from your food. Just take care of yourself. Salmonilla won't kill you, but it sure can make you feel like c*ap.
  • Yeah, it could be food poisoning, but usually it isn't quite that fast, although if there was something at lunch, I suppose it's possible...who knows?

In any case...before this I had a pretty low fat diet. I'll just have to keep to that. And I ate a lot more that day than I had been, so even if it really was food poisoning, I did happen to binge a bit on the way there. On a bright side, I lost 3 pounds :P

Oh and thanks...the pic is from a half marathon I just did
  • Food poisoning does not have to take a lot of time to start after you eat. I have gotten sick within 30 minutes of eating before and it was not something really different from what I usually eat
  • Huh....from what I read, salmonella takes at least 8 hours to set in. Wasn't E Coli. I suppose it could have been one of the other pathogens. Dumb restaurant then!
  • Like other posters said, this is a sign that your body isn't used to eating like that any more, its a good thing.

Remember how crappy you feel right now, it will help next time you want to binge.