Asian-style broccoli salad

• We really enjoyed this. I added veggie beef strips so we would have a quick, easy lunch. I also just mixed everything together the night before and the almonds held up well.

http://stayhealthy-livewell.com/recipes.php?id=6
    Quote:
    Asian-style broccoli salad

2 bunches fresh broccoli (about 6 cups chopped)
    1/2 red or vidalia onion, diced
    2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
    1 tablespoon honey [I used AGAVE]
    2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
    1 teaspoon soy sauce
    1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
    1/4 cup blanched almonds, slivered or chopped

1. Separate broccoli into florets and chop the top 2 inches of stem into 1 inch cubes. Place broccoli in briskly boiling, salted water and boil until just tender-crisp, about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Immediately drain broccoli and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
    2. Toast almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant and golden. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Set aside.
    3. In a large bowl, whisk together seasoned rice vinegar, honey, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add broccoli and chopped onion to dressing and toss well.
    4. Just before serving, add almonds to salad and toss lightly. Serve salad at room temperature or slightly chilled.

Nutritional Information
    Serves 4 Calories 131 Fat 5 (g) Carbohydrate 19 (g) Protein 7(g)
  • This looks really good, Cyndi. Thanks.
  • Ever try adding any other veggies to it?
  • I didn't but I bet it would be good. It's another recipe I tried, loved and then forgot about. thanks for the reminder
  • MMMMM yumm looks like a yummy recipe!