How'd you meet the love of your life?

You're on Page 9 of 9
Go to
  • We met through a guy that, oddly enough, I thought was the love of my life. It was unrequited, but I wasn't really looking at all for a boy since I thought this mutual friend was it. We hung out in the group and I noticed he was REALLY fuuny, and REALLY smart, and so laid back. I became very interested, and we ended up hanging out one and one and really hitting it off. We started dating within 2 weeks of that, and now we're ridiculously in love. Apparently he was into me from the time we met haha. We've been together almost 2 years. I'd love a ring haha, but we're po' college students so I understand. The best part is, his family took me in like stray kitten. They're a huge, crazy bunch with a zillion animals and a ton of kids but I love them all.

Fairy tales happen, I tell ya hwhat.
  • match.com!
  • I LOVE these stories.
  • Online and married since 99
  • Not yet..
    Hope soon
  • umm... a friend set us up when I was 16 who would have thought we'd be married now lol
  • Hah...online, in a video game. Who'd have thought?!
  • I was talking to my friend on AOL chat, and I suggested he give me someone he knows to talk to, I like to meet new people. He gave me a list of 3 people, and I randomly picked the one with the name Shawn. Only because The friends of mine I was talking to was named Shaun and I thought it would be funny to talk to two Shawns. Well, 7 years later.. I couldn't be happier.
  • wow, i was reading some of these.. and they are amazing.
  • I met my husband online, on a fan forum for a book series. We started chatting over instant messaging, with microphone and webcam, then he drove over 1,000 miles to visit me.

We dated long distance before getting married, and then I moved to his hometown (but sadly we had to move across the country for his job, I miss my MIL a great deal ). Our fourth anniversary is in June. It's hard to believe it's been that long already!