Compression stockings

• I hope this is in the right place .. I had no idea where else to put it.

I have some venous ulcers from bad circulation in my legs, due to, of course, being morbidly obese. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some good quality compression stockings that work? Also, how do I pick the correct size for them? Has anyone else here tried them, and have they worked/helped?

Thanks for helping me out.
  • I can recommend mediven, which I first bought in Germany last year. When I went to the store for them, they measured my leg in every direction.
    Has your doctor said you should have them? Mine are quite tight, a pull to get on and difficult to get off!, and my uk doctor made me have repeat tests just to make sure the condition I had wasn't contra-indicated.

IMHO, and it's just an O, if you don't get tight enough ones, they're a waste of money; if you do get tight enough ones, you have to be sure they're not going to exacerbate a problem.
  • You should see your doctor about this. As Rosinante says, the sizing has to be just right. If you have poor circulation, the wrong stockings could make it worse instead of better.

Jay
  • Some compression stockings are prescription grade (they compress the skin more firmly), so you can only get those with an Rx. But you can buy less compressive varieties online or over-the-counter as well for conditions such as varicose veins or pregnancy related leg pain.

There is information about where to buy compression stockings and how to measure yourself for compression stockings. Mediven is a good brand. There are reviews on aboutcompressionstockings dot com of different brands also.

I wear them a lot, they really help with leg fatigue especially.