Need some easy help on recipes

• Hi,
    I need to come up with some recipes that show the calorie count. Also, I'd like to keep the prep to a minimum.
    Does anyone have a good site for dinner recipes that are both fast and little prep.??
    Thank you,
  • sparkrecipes.com are FULL of recipes- easy, not easy, fast, all day, and so on. And every recipe has nutrition information.

I just found a great recipe for salmon that is going to take no time at all!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=744883
  • If you have recipes that you like, you can always plug them in to a recipe analyzer to get the count. Fitday has one. Here is another that I like

For recipes in general - allrecipes.com is great. Cooking Light has some excellent recipes as well.
  • eatingwell.com, epicurious.com and goodhousekeeping.com are a few good websites to search. You can also just google "healthy quick recipes" or "healthy chicken (or whatever) recipes" and a bunch of stuff will pop up.
  • Quote: If you have recipes that you like, you can always plug them in to a recipe analyzer to get the count. Fitday has one. Here is another that I like

For recipes in general - allrecipes.com is great. Cooking Light has some excellent recipes as well.
    I wonder how accurate that is? If it works well, that would be a life saver for me. I spend WAY too much time adding every ingredient together when i cook. And servings, etc., it gets confusing sometimes!
  • hungrygirl.com is great in my opinion. I also bought the books and have made quite a few things out of them that the kids like as well. simple recipes with easy ingredients that don't take a lot of time.
  • I use the recipe analyzer a lot. I DO believe it is accurate. You can click on any ingredient and see the details. It does help to put in a specific brand of something if you have it. The database is quite extensive.

That being said, sometimes you have to use common sense and tweak it a bit. For instance, there are several versions of Splenda and it doesn't always get the right one when I enter it. I know my Splenda is zero calories, so I just leave it off the list.

But, I LOVE the nutritional breakdown - I try to balance my calories 40/30/30 and this really helps me make sure I am getting enough protein and fat and not too many carbs