Prizes and treats???

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Some of you might be wondering why my little tagline says "Wants that Louis Vuitton". I was feeling really down about my weight and I was trying to find something to motivate me. My husband knows me all too well and told me that he would save a little each month and if I lose 100 lbs, I would get a new Louis Vuitton purse!!!

I had a friend tell me that she thought it was kind of sad that I needed such motivation....but it really helps me stay on track! (even though I know that sounds materialistic and silly...I swear I'm not rich or a spoiled brat). It's easier to imagine myself with a new purse than 100lbs thinner...and it gives me something to work toward.

So...my question is...do any of you reward yourself at certain points in your weight loss? Or do you have a prize you're working toward when you lose weight? It can be material or an event or a food? This seems to really motivate me! (My 25lb reward is a chipotle burrito!)
    Tell me I'm not crazy! And I would love to hear what motivates YOU!
  • I know this will seem lame but for me right now just getting healthy is my "motivation" and "reward". Yeah, I suck
  • Your friend is being a bit mean! Rewards are my little treat to myself when I lose weight.

I've promised myself a dermalogica facial for every stone that I lose and when I lose 100lbs I'm going to Paris and I'm getting a Hermes scarf. Its extravagant but its my motivation. I don't have food rewards because they tend to send me off on a mini binge so beautiful purses, scarfs and shoes are my pleasures!

What purse are you going to have? I just got a LV laptop bag which is a thing of beauty
  • I think it's a good incentive to plan some rewards along the way--a massage, for example, or a good book you've been wanting, or some new music. I'd just caution you about using food as a reward because that's kind of, well, counter productive.

Other reward possibilities: Movies, facials, pedicure/manicure... or a daytrip to a favorite place...

Jay
  • Onderchic...you are not lame at all...more power to you! And, obviously it DOES motivate you because look at how awesome you are!!! I wish I was strong enough to let that be the only reason...but I guess I'm in the process of loving myself enough. I do have to say that as I continue...I think about the purse less and less and on the healthy and carefree aspect more and more...but when there's a bad day and I need a little motivation...the bag is a good thing to think about!~ =)

MissCoco...going to paris and getting an hermes scarf is a great reward! I'm glad I'm not alone! Better than binging, right?!!

I am going for the beverly mm bag in monogram canvas. I have the speedy 25, but I would really love a shoulder bag. (and at 100lbs lighter, it should fit on my arm comfortably!)
    My 50lb goal is a new pair of tori burch flats. I LOVE them. =)

Anyone else?
  • I'm buying a new wardrobe when I lose my 100-106 lbs...
    Not really as an incentive, but hey, I'm saving up now for it. I get 500.00. That will be 5 dollars per pound. So that's not too bad. I do plan to do the majority of my shopping at Goodwill...they have some cute clothes and a lot of new stuff, and then I will probably do some shopping at Burlington Coat Factory and am Especially looking forward to a trip to Fredericks of Hollywood and Christies. Need sexy stuff, too! LOL... whoo hoo...
    I think it's nice that you have a reward for yourself figured out.
  • buying sexy stuff at Fredericks is DEFINITELY good motivation! Have to show off that hot new body, right!? =)
  • We all reward ourselves! Clothes, makeup, haircuts, trips, etc. It's not "sad."

Your friend is so rude- maybe you should tell her your next reward is to find a supportive friend
  • Lol
    Quote: We all reward ourselves! Clothes, makeup, haircuts, trips, etc. It's not "sad."

Your friend is so rude- maybe you should tell her your next reward is to find a supportive friend
  • dude... my husband bought me a $1000 show dog when I lost 100 lbs I have no beefs with the model of weight loss. lol!
  • ok cfmama...a toast to our husbands!

Btw...congrats on your weight loss...wow...you're in inspiration!
  • When I reach my goal, I will reward myself with vacation at sea!
  • A new purse sounds great. Unfortunately for me, I won't be getting my "reward" . At the beginning of my weight loss/stop smoking/stop drinking journey, each week I put the money I would have spent on junk, booze, and cigarettes in my underwear drawer. When I got to $1000 I put it into a CD at the bank. I thought I could spend it on new clothes when I got to goal...WELL, I'm at goal, (the last few pounds I'm half heartedly working on are 100% vanity pounds ) AND so far this year we needed to replace the roof, the air conditioner, and the refrigerator. We also really need new tires on the truck before winter...SOOO my CD comes due in a few days, and it will be applied to the credit card...to help pay off my refrigerator...which holds FOOD. I've bought a few things awhile back but they were mostly summer clearance stuff. Hopefully our soybeans will be a bumper crop come harvest and I'll get to buy myself a few nice winter items.

My point to my sad tale is...I hope you do get your new bag, but things happen and you might need to buy a new dishwasher instead...LOL
  • I rewarded myself for every ten pounds lost for the first 100 pounds. It was always something small; never more than ten dollars because I'm on kind of a tight budget. It did give me something to look forward to though.

I never used food as a reward.
  • We all have something that motivates us and those motivations are as unique to us as we are to each other.

For me, my answer is the same as Onederchic's. What can I say, she's such a good role model.

Quote: ... Your friend is so rude- maybe you should tell her your next reward is to find a supportive friend
    Priceless.