No Halloween Candy - take the pledge with me!

You're on Page 5 of 8
Go to
  • Yeah, no I can't throw it out. I would find a way to eat it. It REALLY AND TRULY will stay in my car until we pack the bags and deliver. It is sort of a game where little kids ring the doorbell and hidw while the ghosted one find the goodie bag. Cute for those who are not food plagued.
    Those bags will be packed-a-plenty so I can move the "sauce."
  • Quote: Kitty, stay strong!!!

Your body is not a trash can. You can do it! Stay strong!
    MY BODY IS NOT A TRASH CAN!!!! Megan, thanks for that mantra. I will be chanting that. loud and often!! Maybe people will think I am the
  • Kitty, is it wrong that I totally laughed my @ss off reading about the ghost bags? I have this image of you going out for a run in the street and zombie gummy bears coming after you. Noooooooo!!!!!!!

It's a cute tradition to have the ghost bags but I can appreciate your challenge. Stay strong!
  • Quote: Kitty, is it wrong that I totally laughed my @ss off reading about the ghost bags? I have this image of you going out for a run in the street and zombie gummy bears coming after you. Noooooooo!!!!!!!

It's a cute tradition to have the ghost bags but I can appreciate your challenge. Stay strong!
    you gave me a good giggle too! last night we went out in the rain and ghosted our ten families. It really was cute as can be.
    ( accountability time- but now I am eating the last of it that I didn't eat last night. this time I am charting all in the dAILY plate.)

so far today 794 cals. all is not lost for the day. we will have chicken sausage and shrimp in red sauce with mozz. cheese for dinner. and salad and vegg.

and those devil sweets shall be outta here!!! thinking ahead to the big day, my plan is to do what I did with the kids last year. As suggested by someone in feathers we put all the sweets separated by day into closed deli containers and hid/placed them in a cabinet in the basement. We actuallly still have some stale leftovers there now.

So chicks,
    Can you keep me in the thread if I keep accountability on the rest of this wicked candy season???????? puuullllleeeaaassseeeee????
  • I really like the concept of the candy fairy. Was it in this thread? The kids put their candy bags out for the candy fairy, and the candy fairy leaves a toy or some such in the candy's place. (Speaking of stale candy, I guess it's time to throw out the purple bunny peeps that have been in the cabinet since Spring).
  • I'm joining you in this. Luckily I live in an apartment building where nobody trick or treats and I won't be home most of the day so I won't have candy in. I do have to give it out at work though but I'm determined to say no to it's allure!
  • What's this? Is this some kind of "No Halloween Candy Pledge" thread? Oh. Poop.

Fail.

• Ok, I'm free falling today. ENOUGH!!! NO MORE CANDY!

The Dracula represents how gross I'll feel if I keep eating candy. The skeleton represents the toxicity of this garbage.....I'm done! D-U-N, done!
  • Sending supportive anti-candy thoughts to midwife

Out, out, d*amned candy, LOL.

Put your hands up and slowly back away from that candy.

• I am so in for taking this pledge!!

I think it will be just what I need to avoid . . . THE. . .FIRST. . .ONE
    It's a slippery slope for me after that.

Megan, you rock!! I'm taking up the same personal mantra, "My body is not a trashcan".
  • Midwife -- it's addictive, I tell ya! Addictive!! I know it's too late for advice, but if you ever find yourself not being able to stop eating something, either 1. get rid of it entirely, or 2. brush your teeth and gargle with Listerine. No one would want to eat after that!

Here's to a candy-free week for all of us!
  • Good advice, Meg. I didn't have anymore. It was a classic case of one is too many. Poor planning and I was hungry and thought, "Oh just one." Yeah, 5 later I was shaking myself back to reality. Can't do just one, so I won't. Next week is a holiday party that will be FUN and have really good food. I'll save my calories for that.

ETA: Thanks for the anticandy thoughts Bill!
  • One candy bar is too many, and a dozen aren't enough. Too bad so many of us (myself included!) have to learn that lesson over and over again! Congrats on stopping at five and I think you'll be able to stay away from Halloween candy for the rest of the week!
  • I ate three pieces of candy corn yesterday. But the package said "Autumn Mix," not "Halloween"!
  • Quote: Megan, you rock!! I'm taking up the same personal mantra, "My body is not a trashcan".
    Thanks, Bingay. Unfortunately I have to confess... last week wasn't the best week nutrition-wise, and yup, I ate some Halloween candy. Like so many of us, it's such a slippery slope for me. I don't stop at one, which is why I always try to skip candy altogether.

So I need to remind myself of that mantra - "my body is not a trash can!" when I'm tempted again! There's still a tub sitting at work, ugh. But I will not eat it, gosh darn it! We can all do it!