OT - A Peek of Sunshine

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • My bf is trying to get Saturday night off so his son can spend the weekend here and not at his parents.

That is all for now. Please return to your regularly scheduled program.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Have fun
  • Yeah I got my fingers crossed he can get that night off
  • It looks like a ray of hope! I hope everything works out. Maybe the BF just needs you to stand up for yourself a bit so he realizes you are a person and not a doormat.
  • Quote: That is all for now. Please return to your regularly scheduled program.
    Hugs
    Michelle
    I hope it works out, if not this weekend, then soon. Now I'll return to my regularly scheduled program.

Thanks for sharing the breaking news!
  • Thanks Sommer and Debbie
  • Hey there pretty girl!
    Thanks for the update.
    Here's to hanging out w/the family
    If not this weekend, then sometime very very soon
  • I'm glad he's making an effort. Sometimes small changes lead to big improvements.

You know, I was thinking about your work-lack of transportation issue. There's several companies in our area that hire home workers for mail sorting, computer work, etc. Might be something in your area that is similar?
  • Awww you're the bestest Abby
  • Thanks Traci

I'm not sure about the job thing or even how I would go about finding out? :|
  • The son coming this weekend sounds like a step in the right direction.
  • I would start at the state workforce website. Just use a search engine - I'm sure they have one. In Iowa you can register on-line to apply for jobs, but you can search before you even register. When you register you tell them the skills you have - like obviously computer skills, etc. - and then you get notified when there are jobs that fit your skills.

The chamber of commerce or whatever might have information on the companies in your area, too.
  • Thanks bargoo and thanks to Traci again
  • So how old is his son? If all is a go maybe you can ask about the kids fave food, activities etc. I am sure cooking his fave meal will be a hit!
  • His son is 12