Can you actually picture yourself at your goal weight?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • It wasn't until recently that I felt that I could actually picture myself after losing a significant amount of weight. Prior to that I wished and dreamed that I would be thin but I couldn't actually see myself that way. Anyone else have this problem?
  • i cant see myself there =( 44 pounds later and im still the heaviest girl i see .... some people confirm that and tell me that im right about being the biggest girl i see and some people assure me that im by far not the biggest girl to be seen ... idk if ill ever be able to myself thinner ....
  • Yes, absolutely. I think that's one of the keys to success.
  • I totally can. I'll look much like myself... but even smaller!
  • You can always use the online website technology (http://www.mvm.com for example) to help with seeing yourself in a different light
  • Yes, for the first time I actually can. I think its because I have a goal this time. I never really had goals before when trying to lose weight. In the past my goal has just been to lose XX amount of weight. But this time I'm working for something that's really important to me. I think its making all the difference in the world.
    The funny thing is, I've never been thin, small or skinny so I'm having fun trying to figure out what I might look like.
  • I have a picture in my mind of me as a toned, hot mama. That's my goal. Trouble is, I have no idea if it is accurate. I have never been a thin adult. Last time I would consider myself as thin was in junior high school - 30 years ago. o.O
  • I just checked out virtual model and what a difference from now to my goal weight.
  • I can and I can't, lol. I'm an artist and know the basics of photoshop, so I've warped photos on a whim to get an idea of what I may look like (and also did it at the suggestion of a book that explained the importance of creating visual goals to work toward).

I still have a hard time visualizing myself as a thin person regardless; I haven't been thin since I was in grade school.
  • I don't know that I can see myself yet. I am still amazed when I get on the scale and it says a number starting with a 1! But I will get there slowly one pound at a time. I still feel surprised when I see myself in current pictures. Not sure if that is good or bad.
  • I used to be at my goal weight...less actualy. And I have a hard time picturing it. I try realy hard tho. I can picture what i used to look like but I know it wont be the same. Not after 4 ids lol.
  • Yeah. I dream of that day all of the time.
  • totally not. It'll be like meeting a me from another dimension
  • I try to do visualizations of me at lower weights everyday. At first it felt kinda silly. But, for me, it can be almost powerful and helpful.
  • The last time that I was at a weight that I was content with was when I was 16. Almost 10 years ago. It's hard to imagine what I would look like at goal weight because so much changes in 10 years especially when you;ve changed from a teenager to an adult. I do know it's gotta be better than it is now.