A COMPLETELY off topic puppy update

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Those of you that have been around for 7 or so months know that I got a purebred Rough Collie girl (show quality) as a 100 pounds lost present to myself Well... my darling teeny baby puppy is off to her first shows this weekend! She's just over 7 months and turning out absolutely fantastic

(dog show person talk ahead)

She's debuting in Kamloops and then heading with her breeder/handler to Skaha Lake the next weekend. Her head profile is to die for and her movement is so correct it's not even funny. Gorgeous!

Without further ado... Miss Bella aka Cherfire's Silver Nymph

• She's beautiful!
  • What a sweetheart! Hope she does well!
  • Adorable!!! And what a great idea for a 100 lb loss present.

I just got a new puppy too, and I've been thinking what a great motivator she is for exercise.
  • She is beautiful....How did you get involved with training....I have a pure breed Blue tick coonhound and would like to do something with her like what you are doing.. We've done the simple sit, shake, but then I started working alot in the emergency department. Just curious how you went about it.
  • Tammy, she is gorgeous!
  • she's beautiful.
  • Quote: She is beautiful....How did you get involved with training....I have a pure breed Blue tick coonhound and would like to do something with her like what you are doing.. We've done the simple sit, shake, but then I started working alot in the emergency department. Just curious how you went about it.
    She's a show dog Not an obedience dog. So I taught her to "stand", bait with cookies, let her teeth be examined, "stack" and so on. We'll start obedience training pretty soon but it's not a requirement for conformation showing.
  • She's beautiful! I lost my collie in January at 15 years old...they are my favorite breed (I just don't tell that to my chow/corgi mix). As soon as I have a house, or at least a place I can have two dogs, there are two collie rescues in Columbus, Ohio were I live that I plan to get another collie from...just have to get a bigger place first.
  • Let us know how she does! She's beautiful!!! Just like her fur mama!!!

Kira
  • Oh, my. What a beautiful animal! She is awesome!
  • She's lovely. I love her little dainty white feet!
  • Beautiful Collie. Hope she gets to bring home some ribbons. Please let us know.
  • Thanks everyone! Sending my "baby" off without me was HARD but I just can't get away the weekend before school starts. I know her breeder will take good care of her

Getting her ready was a trial! I clipped all of her whiskers off. Then clipped her nails SHORT. Took the glue out of her ears (you speed sew them to get them to tip) and cleaned them. Brushed her teeth. Washed her face. Did a complete brush out (about an hour) THEN a lukewarm bath with oatmeal whitening shampoo, THEN a blow dry and ANOTHER comb out.

Those little white feet? SOOOO dirty before I started

I'll keep this thread updated through the weekend with her results!
  • From one show person to another "I need to know about her movement!" She looks like a beautiful girl, keep my fingers crossed for those all precious points.