not XXX rated

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Or even XX.

Just run of the mil X...as in XL.

This weekend I bought shirts for the first time at the regular clothing store in just an XL size. I'm also now down to wearing a 44 waist paints (and some 42s). Getting rid of an X on the shirts was a big psychological thing for me and I'm very happy .

Also, now, I'm starting to no longer feel like a circus freak. I used to look at people's faces when I passed them in the street and I could just tell they were thinking how fat I am. I'm still a big guy, but I'm not unusually large, and that means a lot.

I'm 37 pounds away from just being "overweight". I honestly don't feel obese anymore and I can't wait for the day that I can drop this label once and for all!
  • That is awesome! Congratulations!
  • congrats!
  • that is fantastic! Great job!!!! I can't wait to drop a size! I'm all ready to go shopping!!!!!
  • The thread title got my attention.

But yeah, that is awesome!!!
  • This is awesome!!! Congrats
  • That is such an ENORMOUS achievement!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!! Good for you!!!
  • duuuuudddeee!!!! that is a VERY BIG DEAL !!!
  • wooohoooo!!!!! well done!!!!! awesome achievement!!!
  • Matt, congrats to you!

I too am dropping the xxx behind my size. I have always joked that I did not want to look like an adult film with my size..... so today-- I went to try on scrubs b/c my 2nd set is drooping off me..... I am a MEDIUM. I don't remember EVER being a medium. Of course, my height helps me pull it off..... but who cares, I am THERE! I too am waiting for the last 19 pounds to drop off so I am not OVERWEIGHT anymore..... I never want to see that diagnosis again!

Good luck to you in your final leg of your WL journey and a million times more luck maintaining-- they say that is the hardest part, so I am going to give it a run for it's money!
  • Super! Great achievement Matt! You are doing so well! Congrats.
  • Congratulations !I can sense your excitement through your post, which is sooo good to hear!
  • Fabulous!
  • Woot! Way to go!
  • Fantastic Matt!!

Soon your bod will be X-rated for real.