On clothes that fit...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So....

A couple of days ago, I went out to Coldwater Creek and bought myself a pair of size 20 jeans.

They're really nice, stretchy, and have a tummy control component.

They were so tight that I had a little trouble zipping them, but once on, they were stretchable and I noticed that it was really flattering what the jeans did for my legs and butt, which are slimmer than my big fat tummy.

I decided to buy them, thinking that they would be pants for the future.

But a couple days later, I put them on, and being that they're stretchy, I realized that they looked okay with a loose shirt over them.

But then, wearing that outfit, I got TONS of compliments!! Everybody commented on how great I looked, and I thought the clothes were borderline tight....

It just goes to show that wearing baggy clothes doesn't always make you look thinner.

And I felt pretty amazing to be wearing a size 20 at all.
  • Good for you!
  • I didn't know Coldwater Creek had stores
  • It's a great feeling to be proud of how we look, good for you Ubergirl
  • WOW~Thats so awesome~I am soooooooo proud of you.
    31 pounds lost is an amazing achievement. So You so much deserve those compliments! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.
  • Work those jeans!! Wooo-whooo!! At this point I'd just be excited of my current jeans (size 22, some 24's) didn't cause the "jelly roll!"
  • awsome feeling! congrats!
  • Woohoo!! Congrats

-Aimee
  • That's an awesome NSV if I ever heard one. Congrats!!!

WORK IT!!!! YOU ARE FIERCE!!!
  • Congrats !
  • Quote: I didn't know Coldwater Creek had stores
    I live in PA and they have stores here...
  • That's great and so true! Once I stopped wearing the baggy clothes, I got compliments. It's really nice, enjoy it!
  • Good for you! It's true, I always feel frumpy when I wear baggy clothes.
  • That's so great I'm happy for you!
  • BAGGY CLOTHES MAKE YOU LOOK BIGGER THAN YOU ARE. THEY DON'T HIDE ANYTHING.

FITTED CLOTHES MAKE YOU LOOK YOUR ACTUAL SIZE OR SMALLER.

In my head, I think I ought to be wearing 18/20s and 1X/2Xs. That's what I wore the last time I was this size. Instead, I make myself wear 16/18s and XLs. And you know what? Everyone keeps telling me I look tiny. Tiny! Me?!

Woo for the 20s!!!!! You go girl!!

That is all.