What are you reading-Sept 2009

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I'm in the middle of Hot Six by Janet Evanovich. Tell us all what you are currently reading?
  • I'm alternating between, Pride and Prejudice, and The Friday Night Knitting Club (at least I think that's the title, I can't lay my hands on it at the moment to check)
  • I just finished The School of Essential Ingredients and I thought the author was trying WAY too hard. It is the smushiest, mushiest, prosiest book I have read in a long time. She did get me with one turn of phrase that really stuck to me but wow, it was way over the top in practically every description. It was very "like water for chocolate" - food is magical!

I'm now reading The Last Single Woman in America and so far it's pretty funny.
  • Secrets of a Former Fat Girl and 100 Days of Weight Loss
  • Shadowmarch by Tad Williams - fantasy, slow start but i'm in the middle now and it's excellent so far. HUGE book though, and there's a second one just as big to read when I'm done.
  • Reading Nora Roberts Blue Dahlia
  • I just finished "The Time Traveler's Wife" about a week ago. Loved it!!!

Next, I think I might start "No One You Know" by Michelle Richmond (I think that's her name). I read one of her other books "The Year of the Fog" and really liked it a lot, so I hope this one is similar!
  • I didn't really read much in August, but did manage these two:

Living in a Foreign Language which I read prior go going to Italy. While in Italy I read Virgin Suicides. Now that I'm home I'm reading Middlesex. I'm almost done with the book (starting part 4 today) and am finding it really odd, strange, interesting and compelling all at once.
  • @alinell - 'Middlesex' is superb! I really loved that one.

I just started "Metropolis," by Elizabeth Gaffney, about turn-of-the-century NYC and Barnum's Circus, and I'm in the middle of "Man's Search for Meaning," by Viktor Frankl, a holocaust survivor. Excellent.
  • Finished Good Omens last night. Tonight starting The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
  • right now i am in the middle of Medusa

my to read list consists of:
    Wicked the life and time of the wicked witch
    3 Nora Roberts books i am borrowing from MIL.

witch order they are going to be read i am not sure yet but that is where i am for books at the moment.
  • The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
  • Quote: Tonight starting The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
    Loved that one!

I read 2 books over the weekend:

Hello Goodbye - tearjerker! Hated the daughter, but I must have cried 3 times.

Let the Right One in - got the book after I watched the movie. Really liked it! But I like vampires
  • I have been traveling a good bit the past month so I have listened to several audio books. All the Janet Evanovich books read by Lorelei King are very entertaining. DH and I get such a laugh from them. We listened to FINGER LICKIN' FIFTEEN and PLUM SPOOKY this weekend. One warning - it does contain adult material. I would not want to listen to this with either my mother or my children.

Tracy - I loved Nora Robert's Blue Dahlia and the other "In the Garden" books.
  • Ia m reading Plum Spooky and the sisterhood series by Fern Michaels. I have loved all the Janet Evanovich books. I started reading them after my son was born. I wish there were more!! Still have not read 15..