90 pounds lost; 120 yet to go!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Like a lot of us, I don't have a lot of pics of myself when I was at my heaviest, but I'm pretty sure the first pic here was from right around that time of weighing around 360.

The second pic is the most recent I have at the moment, which was about 15 pounds ago. I don't have a nice big mirror or someone else to snap a pic right now so it'll have to do.

Wow, why do I look so serious? *UPDATE* More recent pic here on page 3.

Anyway, I've now lost ninety pounds (I waited a couple of days to make sure the number stuck before posting this). Woah. That just boggles my mind. Only ten more and it'll be a full one hundred. Five pounds after that will be the halfway point to my goal!

So it looks like I'm definitely on my way. When I started this thing I couldn't even fit into any jeans that Fashion Bug Plus carried, and now I'm sporting a 22. With any luck (and a lot more determination and hard work) I'm hoping to be out of plus sizes by the end of the year.
  • You look wonderful, congrats!
    Sirenity, you look so good! I love it. I am inspired as I sit here and eat my plate of veggies!

• by the way...
    What are your secrets, you can tell me, I won't tell anyone!

do share!!!
  • WOW...you have done GREAT!!! Congratulations!!!
  • That is so fantastic! You look wonderful. What a huge achievement.
  • You look soooooo great!! Very trim and healthy. Keep up the great work!
  • Wow! You can really tell the difference between the first and second picture. Here's wishing you continued success.
  • You ROCK!
  • You look amazing!!!!!!
  • Thank you so much everyone!!! The majority of the weight was lost a few years back, so the fifteen or so pounds I've recently lost is just the icing on the cake, so to speak. Gah!!! Why am I talking about cake?!

But to get back on track here, this all feels so surreal. I'm so distanced now from that girl in the first pic that I hardly remember being her.

I feel fortunate that I don't see my old self as "disgusting" or a "blob;" I was simply a very unhappy woman that had a lot of learning ahead of her. Choosing to get healthier and lose weight back in '04-'05 was a way of snapping myself out of a deep depression; I only wish I'd have kept up with the program, but no time like the present to resume!

Quote: What are your secrets, you can tell me, I won't tell anyone!

do share!!!
    I think the most important thing for me was totally giving up on soda. I'm totally done with it, even diet! You can take a peek at the beginning of my diet blog to get an idea of my overall plan and goals:

http://misirenity.livejournal.com/594.html

I've since expanded my menu, like today I had mini pizzas made out of whole wheat pita for lunch.
  • You look fantastic!! Thanls for sharing and congrats
  • Quote: I only wish I'd have kept up with the program
    Hey, going off of the program without gaining all the weight back is one heck of an accomplishment in itself! I always gain everything back and then some when I go off. You are doing great. Congratulations!
  • Congratulations! You look great! I agree that maintaining your weight for several years is a big deal. You are definably successful and are handling this the right way for you.

You are an inspiration!
  • YaaaaaY!!! Congratulations, you look great and I love that pretty shirt you are wearing in your pic. You are an inspiration!
  • Fantastic! You look great- what an amazing journey!