Some perspective

• Sometimes I have trouble comprehending how much weight I have lost in the last 6 months...way more than I have ever lost before during all of my countless attempts. Well tonight, I stopped at the store to get cat litter (woohoo, exciting Saturday night). They had a 35lb bucket on sale so I decided to get it. It took about everything I had to pick it up from the floor and lift it over the edge of my cart (I have little upper body strength). It made it much harder to push my cart through the store...kind of gave the cart a mind of it's own. Next I had to heave it out of the cart to scan it, heave it back into the cart, then back out to put it in my car. On my way home, I realized that I have lost almost 2 of those litter bucket...2 when I had difficulties lifting one. Now I now why my feet, legs, hips, and back hurt all the time. That was almost 2 of those litter buckets squeezing my joints, muscles, organs and bones. I don't think my body would forgive me for ever doing that to it again.
  • SO true. augh.

it's a pain.
  • What a good way to see and feel how much weight you have lost! I think that I need to go to Walmart and do the same thing.

Thanks for posting about this.
  • You are so right! My knees thank me every single day for taking almost 400 lbs. of pressure off them!

You have come so far!
  • It's very true- since I've lost the weight I have my foot has stopped hurting
  • Congrats! That's so amazing, nearly 70 pounds is an amazing feat. I can't wait until I have that kind of epiphany, ya know?
  • Wow, good for you!
  • So amazing! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your success
  • Excellent perspective indeed.
  • SEVENTY pounds is an amazing accomplishment! That's roughly what my current goal is and I'm really hoping that I am as successful as you have been thus far. I bought kitty litter today, too, and didn't really think about it being less than what I've lost--but I know what you mean about how HEAVY it is, and how hard to lug it around. It's amazing how we just slowly became accustomed to the extra weight, isn't it? Congratulations on your accomplishment!
  • Exactly! When I stop and think that I was LUGGING AROUND the amount of weight of an average sized WOMAN... well that was just huge for me.

Be proud of your accomplishment!!!!
  • Great perspective!

I buy 15 Kg sacks of dry dog food for the 5 pups, and regularly the checkout clerk will ask if I need help getting it to the car. I always refuse, since one time I asked for help and this tiny little slip of a girl carried it for me and I felt gross and ashamed!
    Anyhoo, 15Kg on my shoulder isn't bad once it's balanced but when I put it down to open the boot, it is SO hard to lift it up again. and very nearly, I've lost 2 of those sacks.
    You're right, it does bring home what we've achieved - and encourage us to do more.
  • Someone posted a funny list of the the weights of odd things a while back, and I saved it to my computer because it amused me. To think, at my highest weight (280), I was 130 lbs overweight... the equivalent of carrying around a newborn giraffe!

I've downgraded to a baby calf now, but still... *examines body* ...where the heck is it hiding?!