September Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 24
Go to
  • yup same for me, put me down for an hour exercise a week just now. Pathetic I know but its better than nothing. This will be weight based, my cardio is everyday, 30 mins.
  • CMo4- The only thing you really need are free weights, which you already have, bands for the pull ups and chin ups (mine were $18 for a set of three) or a pull up bar, a heart rate montitor is recommended, you got that too, and a cushioned mat (like a yoga or pilates mat) for the floor work but a carperted room might be ok too, I have no carpet so I haven't tried that though. You're almost all set!

Myownsaboteur and Krista - Welcome, we all start small and get used to it, then we get really jazzed about it, then do more and then look for all these crazy workouts we can do that we never thought we could. Almost across the board I think we're all doing a lot more than we thought we imagined ourselves able to do and in no time you'll be there too!

Nellwynb and Angel - Welcome and congrats on starting the C25K, CMo4 and Shrinking Girl are over halfway done, and MsPerception just finished and ran a 5K yesterday (although she hasn't checked in hoping she's ok) and I know that there were a few more so you have lots of good running company and helpful adivce too if ya need it.

Bootsie - What a cute name, that made me smile, welcome aboard and look forward to getting to know you.

For everyone new, I have to second what CMo4 said, which I always do, lol, but she's right, there's days you just don't want to do it and you feel the weight of the world on you but I can't even tell you the amount of times I logged on here in the early days especially and had decided not to exercise. I read this thread and the weight loss thread and before you know it I was on that elliptical or lifting weights, it was remarkable the amount of motivation and commitment you can muster from reading other people's successes.
  • I would like to join you guys also. It will really help me stay accountable with my exercise, so I don't get lazy. Will definitely help me look good in the wedding I'm standing up in, in October. Yay!

My goal is 1 hour 6 days a week. So 1440 minutes.

At first I plan on doing 30 Day Shred, jogging, and swimming.
  • Hi there stopping in for a quick hello.

Girls, your welcome...it's a pleasure, it really is. Happy to see you all , hugs. Welcome back everyone and welcomeeeeeee to our new girls : ).
  • Hey Ladies,

So, I'd like to start this month with the exercise thread. This should be interesting keeping up with both threads, weight loss and exercise.

My goal for September is to walk an hour 6 days a week, at least.

I'm excited to try this, this month!

Goodbye Ladies.
  • Hi everyone! I'm new, too. I've been lurking on the August exercise thread, waiting and waiting for September to start! Thanks, FullSteamAhead -- it's easy to see that you put a lot of effort into making this work. This is just what I need to achieve consistency in my exercise.

I've been walking most days, but I'm not really sure how many minutes in the last month, so I'm going to make 1200 minutes my goal for September and I'll count everything: dancing, walking, strolling, toning, and stretching.
  • New to the exercise challenge this month. I'm finding that my knees are doing much better with my weight loss so my excuse to not run is no longer valid. So goals:

*Run for 3 minutes straight

*Run at least twice a week

*Work out at least 4 days a week (I listed this one in the weight loss challenge as well)

*Find time for a 2 mile swim sometime before the end of the month

I have swam 2 miles before so I know I'm capable of it. I just struggle to motivate myself to swim. Plus I have to drive downtown and pay for parking to swim at the pool I like. YMCA is closer and has free parking but they keep their pool too warm for laps. Ugh, drives me nuts!
  • September Exercise Challenge Members List

We have a sister thread titled "September Weight Loss Challenge" please feel free to join us there as well if you wish. Be sure and let me know if I miss someone or something is incorrect and let me know if/when you meet goal so I can write met goal and change ink to red.....ty

FullSteamAhead: 1200 min.+
    crazymomaof4: Strength Training 3X a Week, Cardio 6 Days a Week--HIIT 3 days and C25K 3 days.
    Delphi: 2700 minutes
    dcapulet: 1200 min.
    ShrinkingGirl: continue with the c25k, continue Curves 3x per week, begin doing some real ab work at least 2x per week.
    Tummy Girl: to complete P90X, Doubles, Training Block 1. Which just means I'm doing the P90X program with my running M-W-F as well.
    nellywnb: Start the C25K plan, Curves 3X a week, Bike at least 2X a week, +
    Begin the 100 pushups a day plan.
    Bootsie: do 45 minutes of planned exercise per day, walking, exercise video, bike, etc.
    AngelD: start C25K, do my 10 minute solution toning DVDs on days I don't run.
    MyOwnSaboteur: 600 min.
    Krista: 15/20 min. 3x/wk or at least 45 min/wk.
    paisleyprincess: My goals will be exercise 1300 minutes, plus 500 push-ups military style on my toes and 1000 crunches.
    hugmequick: 1 hr. of exercise per week.
    Jessica Rae: 1 hr 6x.wk so 1440 min.
    Miss Mallee: walk for an hour 6x/wk.Run for 3 minutes straight
    gardenerjoy: 1200 min.
    Aclaia4067: run for 3 minutes straight, run at least twice a week, work out at least 4x/wk, + find time for a 2 mile swim sometime before the end of the month.
    BlueFruitMomma: 1500 min.
    MsPerception: Log 1800 minutes, ST 2x/wk, Run 3x/wk (min. 8 mi/wk)+Bike 2-3x/wk (min. 18 mi/wk).
    Bigmid: 1/2 hr. per day or approx. 840 min.
    nellonello: complete the first month of P90X.
    Sasha: workout 5x a week. Also I want to mix up my workouts and not just do machines.
    Matilda: get in 5 hrs. of cardio/wk.
  • Hi chickiessssssssss Just wanted to say welcome to our new team members and wb to our returning girls.....gts everyone! Looking forward to a new month together girls and to getting to know everyone. Let's keep it rockin' hugs
  • A quick hello!

Tummy and all~ My 5K was TERRIFIC! I LOVED it! It was actually a 3.7 mile course (rather than the 3.1 mile=5K) and I finished in 28:35, so I was thrilled with my time and felt great before during and after! I wish I could do a race twice a month or something. I am seriously considering working my way up to a half marathon next year...can ya believe it?! That's plenty of time to decide if I'm crazy enough to do it! LOL It's just...they had a long course (half marathon) at the race I did and we all started out together and you see and hear these people talking about their other races they've done or that this is their first long course run and it was just super cool to think about doing that sometime, kwim? I'll work up to a 10K first though, of course...baby steps....

Anyway, I'll set my goals tomorrow. Good night, ladies!
  • I'm aiming for 1500 minutes again.
  • Here I am to post my goals.

September Exercise Goals:
    ~Log 1800 minutes
    ~ST 2x/wk
    ~Run 3x/wk (min. 8 mi/wk)
    ~Bike 2-3x/wk (min. 18 mi/wk)
  • Hi, I would like to join in if I can. I hope to start doing my Wii and other tapes again and get in a walk while the weather is still good. I will be starting slow for now as I get back into things. But slow is still better than none. I would like to do a 1/2 hour a day so I guess 360 hours for September. Wow so far from 1200/2700.

09/01 - 45min
    09/02 - 39min
    09/03 -
  • I am going to join the Sept. Exercise challenge for the first time. My goal this month will be to complete the first month of P90X.

Tummy: You'll have to get me know how day 1 went as I am starting on Tuesday.
  • My goal for this month is to workout 5x a week. Also I want to mix up my workouts and not just do machines. I will take more classes at the gym to keep myself from getting bored.