Sugar Free gum/diet soda & aspartame

• I am my own victim of not reading labels in getting through a low carb stall I discovered the cause ASPARTAME!! It's in everything diet just about & I am trying to avoid it like the plague & in researching sugar free products without aspartame I found 2 I cannot live without & thought i'd share!!! Zapp sugar free gum contains NO aspartame, my favorite Trident choc./mint & orange swirl have hit the trash & diet soda was the worst but I have found that Diet Rite & Hansen's diet soda contain NO aspartame, each have a wide variety of flavors to choose from. I love water but cannot handle it being my only source. I just had the greatest of luck shopping tonight, Jones sugar free creme soda & black cherry are aspartame free, there may be other flavors but this is all that my store had.

Hope this helps someone.
  • Thanks it helped me!
  • I keep a pack of sugar free gum on hand for craving emergencies but use it extremely rarely - maybe once a month max. Still, I figure I'm better off with the odd piece of gum than 'taking a taste' of someone's dessert while out for dinner...

I avoid all sweeteners - diet and otherwise.