What's wrong with me?

• This morning I started day one of Wave 1, I had 1 cup of bran cereal and 1 cup of milk at around 7.30. its 10.30 and I am starving, so I had 11 almonds and 2 glasses of water, I'm still starving.
    I can't eat anything till lunch time.
    I have a hummas wrap and cottage cheese planned for lunch.
    what am I dong wrong?? What's wrong with me, why can't I go a few hours with out stuffing my face with food?

How do you all do it?
  • It might take a few days to adjust. Is it really the first day? I think I was super hungry and cranky the first couple weeks after I started counting calories. Give yourself a break - hang in there!!
  • There's nothing wrong with you, it's just your body adjusting to less calories. If you're used to eating 3000 calories a day, and you drop to 1200, you're going to be hungry. When you do eat, make sure you have fiber rich foods as they keep you fuller longer. Hang in there!

Carol
  • Try eating low calorie filling food. Try have egg whites omelet for breakfast, it high in protein and you can eat plenty of it in for much less calories.
    Other low calorie filling foods can be - celery, cucumber, carrots etc. I pack lot of these veggies to work and have it with fat free Italian dressing, keeps me going for long.
  • I find it happened to me too and what I did the first time is add a little bit of proteins/fat (hummus) and w/w crackers. Sure I was having more calories then I should of been but i was not starving no more and after 2 days I removed it.

Lots of veggies too. Thats something that is missing in the book or at least confusing. Have as many categorie 1 vegetables as you want. Dont restrict yourself, eat them!

you'll see it will take a couple days but you wont be hungry anymore.
  • I have no good advice, unfortunately, as I have just posted something similar in another area on this site.
    I did want to let you know though, that you're NOT alone! I have been hungry every day of my life, no matter how many or few calories I consume, or what kinds of foods I'm eating.
    I HAVE noticed a bit of help in eating very high-fiber foods...so the person who mentioned that earlier was correct. High protein never does a thing to help satiate me. But a bowl of Fiber One (a cup or so) is a pretty healthy snack that gets me by for at least a couple hours.
  • Ditto everyone else, you're body is just adjusting to less calories.
    I didn't end up starting today. I am still trying to read everything. Just remember that we are all here for you.
  • OK late afternoon, I had lunch 1/2 peanut butter sandwich on WG bread, and a lettuce wrap with string cheese and 1 slice of turkey.
    Right now I am having a cup of tea and will start dinner soon.
    I am afraid of what I might eat tonight when the binges start in, but since i only have healthy foods in the house I can't screw up to bad.
    I'm going to ride my S bike tonight also, maybe I should do it first thing in the morning from now on.
  • I made it through day 1, had a nice dinner of 1/2 chicken breast, 1 cup cooked cabbage, 1 ice cream scoop of brown rice and a large green salad. OK?
    I had a 6 Triscuts for a snack, and went to bed at 9.00
    This morning looking forward to day 2.
  • weight loss
    Walk 20-30 minutes daily after your last meal. These will help you to speed your metabolism up before the food has a chance to get settled in and lower your body fat storage.
  • MeToo-if you are feeling hungry, I would suggest eating protein at every meal. That means forget about oatmeal or cereal for breakfast right now and go with eggs or toast and peanut butter. Protein definately makes you feel fuller. You can have as many tier one veggies as you like so cut up extras for snacks, make yourself a big salad to go with at least one of your other meals. If you are going to overdo on something other than the veggies-I would do it on the protein-not the carbs. Please post on the menu thread with us if you would like some additional help. I've been at this for awhile. Are you keeping a food journal? If not, you may also find that very helpful.

As for the fiber-this is the highest fiber diet I have ever been on and I have tried a bunch. I typically eat between 20-40 grams of fiber a day-just from food! I have had days where I have eaten in excess of 40 grams of fiber so you will definately get there if you follow this diet the way it was intended. I find now that I am hungry when it is mealtime and I am comfortable after eating. I think that's how it is supposed be.
  • Me Too-I hope your still hanging in there. Check back in and let us know how your doing and how we can help.

OMGosh, I just realized this is a thread from August that someone ressurected! I'm sure poor MeToo is long gone. Too Bad.