Talapia ideas

• Not sure if I'm spelling the name of this fish correctly; but does anyone have any good recipes using it?
  • Recipe for Tilapia
    Here is a recipe that I have for Tilapia. It is 5 points per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sauteed Tilapia Fillets with Lime

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Fish

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
    3 tablespoons flour
    2 cloves garlic -- minced
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1 tablespoon lime juice
    1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
    3 green onion -- chopped

Rinse the fish and pat dry. Put the flour on a plate and season it with salt and pepper. Dredge the fillets in the flour, patting to remove excess. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, wine, lime juice and butter, then set aside. Heat the oil in a 10 to 12 inch frying pan over medium high heat. Add the fillets without overlapping. Cook until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn the fillets over and cook until opaque through the thickest part, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer the fish to a platter and keep warm; cover with foil or place in a 200F oven. Add the wine mixture to pan and boil, scraping up cooked bits, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the onions and heat on low about 30 seconds. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve. Serves 4.
    5 points

I hope you enjoy it.

Sandi
  • I take a talapia and sprinkle some essence by Emeril on both sides and grill it in George Forman Grill. I then put it in my salad along with lettuce, tomatoes, edamame (japanese vegetable made of soy it's great) this takes about an hour or more to eat and is great.