Chopped roasted peppers

• What are they?
  • Hi Pod,

More than likely they are roasted red bell peppers... at least that is what I have seen. You can buy these in a jar at the market, or can get a fresh red bell pepper and home and roast it. I have never done that myself, but I am sure you can find a method of doing this at www.allrecipes.com or maybe www.recipezaar.com

Good Luck
  • I make roasted red peppers all the time. I buy a big bag of peppers at Sam's then roast them in the oven then freeze them. Take out what I need for tomato sauce or pasta salad or whatever.
  • Nice idea, Anne! I LOVE roasted red bell peppers, but have never roasted my own. I'd have never thought to freeze them, either! Mom will have a whole slew of red peppers from her garden soon, I'll have to try my own and freeze them. Thanks for the tip!
  • Suzanne,

I also freeze peppers like roasted anaheims for chilli.
  • I've never tried roasted anaheims. Do they taste smokey, like chipotles?
  • I actually have a mixture of roasted anaheims and poblanos (sp?) we get at a Mexican Market. they roast them in a mesh drum over a hot fire. MMMMMMMM love the smell. :lol They are smokey tasting and hot to medium hot.

Now we have a anaheim pepper plant on our patio and I don't think they are hot at all. Definately not smokey tasting raw.