BASEBALL 2009 ~ The PLAYOFF RUN

You're on Page 19 of 34
Go to
  • Thank you Bill... I'll cut you a little slack though, being a Network game an all'. So far they haven't shut up... I'll be turning to Castiglione soon.
    Geez... it's like a battlefield out there today, everyone fouling balls off themselves... OUCH...
    C'mon Dice K... throw a strike, you remember, its the one you throw down the middle of the plate !

Gosh that new stadium is beautiful ~~~
  • One is the loneliest number.

• That's a win. National League Division champs.

What a good game. Adam Wainwright outstanding.
  • Quote:

That's a win. National League Division champs.

What a good game. Adam Wainwright outstanding.
    CONGRATS CLYDEGIRL

CONGRATS GARY
  • Congrats to you, Gary and Clyde! Some good games, Clyde. I'll see if we can get one today. We're having to worry about the Braves now! I hope we can hold on to the wildcard!
  • That felt like a play-off game last night.
  • Quote: That felt like a play-off game last night.
    Fun Fun Fun

Diane what has to happen for you to clinch ? That Wild Card race is so close... oh boy, you have the Cards today...
    Maybe Clydegirl is willing to take a L for a fellow 3FC'er... lol... no ?

Red Sox must step it up today... we're down 2/3 this weekeend.. I'd love to end this road trip with a win, especially against those Yanks... and go home for the last time in regular play....

Enjoy !
  • I thought this 'List of WS Winners' going back to the mid 1850's was interesting.... some of the team names are really funny... Especially The Boston Red Stockings and The Brooklyn Bridegrooms. lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ries_champions
  • Diane wouldn't you agree terrible job by the umpires this weekend?
  • Shaking my head at that dumb play by Albert in the 9th. The tying run would have scored with 2 outs.

Maybe he's tired after all the celebrations last night.
  • You think that was bad Big Bird...we go to the 9th tied 2-2....score 3...and give up 4...2 errors by 2 of our best...ouch...

D and her Rockies hang on.....
  • Quote: Diane wouldn't you agree terrible job by the umpires this weekend?
    Oh my goodness, so true! I'm glad it worked out that we won 2 of 3, but it was crazy the number of bad calls!

We're hanging on. We are off today, then we're hosting the Brewers. Those Braves are making me nervous! They're only 2 1/2 games behind!!!!
  • A 3 run lead going to the bottom of the 9th yesterday...disaster strikes...knew when I got home today, since it was an early game in Pittsburgh, that I would see we had clinched....kept waiting for son to text me from his computer at work...

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE GUYS!

out scored by the Pirates 15-1 in the last 9.5 innings....did they clinch yet

it's cool clinching in San Diego is all-right too...
  • We need to win 2 games out of 7 to clinch...
    Beckett was scratched tonight due to back spasms, he joins Lester and Wakefield on the 'bad back list'...

We are down 4-0 in the first... this could be painful...
    Make that 11-3 in the 5th
    Game called in the 7th due to rain... we lost 11-5 ?
    There is always tomorrow..

Enjoy your games everyone... sorry
  • Gary I feel your pain about the Pirates. I couldn't believe it when I saw the score.

Still no idea who we will be playing and who will have home field advantage. What do you think Gary?

Diane look out for the Braves. They're playing really well at the minute.