PETA in the news. . . again.

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • So, PETA has a new ad campaign, this time on a billboard in Flordia, this time they go for over weight people. here is a pic of the billboard I saw on AOL this morning.

http://blog.peta.org/archives/WhaleBB.JPG

thoughts?
  • I have alot to say about this!! I work for the poultry business. Peta stays on us hot and heavy!! it is a good thing I can not email them with my opinion
  • Because everyone knows there's no such thing as a fat vegetarian
  • Ugh...just...ugh!
  • Quote: Because everyone knows there's no such thing as a fat vegetarian
    Really. It wasn't, ya know, the cheese pizza or the loads of pasta or the million sodas I was drinking every day that made me fat...it was the MEAT!
  • Wow. That's pretty harsh. I'd love to see all their members and see if any of them are fat.
  • Oh here's a gem from PETA..it is from Feb 9, 2009 but I just came across it -

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29104505
  • Quote: Because everyone knows there's no such thing as a fat vegetarian
    Exactly!
    PETA is PITA seriously! . I think this is really harsh and totally unnecessary. I honestly feel they would have a better following if they used better tactics.

Using KKK imagery, seriously? dumb f****!
  • I so agree, pintobean. It is truly disgusting.
  • As a vegan I CANNOT stand PETA and the tactics they use. They're also incredibly inconsistent with the messages they send and they make it hard for the real animal rights activists to come across with any amount of sense. Oh how I wish people would quit giving them money.
  • This is OT but Fat Chick B Gone - #1, I love your title and #2 I love your Location
  • Thanks
  • This has really annoyed me. They're completely underminding the importance of vegetarianism. Peta are veeeery good at passing judgement on others... as a fat vegetarian who has never eaten meat.. I would just like to say... they're idiots.
  • That just made me hate PETA even more