Weight Loss Buddies III

You're on Page 7 of 36
Go to
  • My weight this morning was 290.4, so it fluctuated up a little less than a lb from earlier this week. but I know it's just me being bloated. Hopefully tomorrow I will be back down again. I have only lost 2 lbs since the beginning of our challenge. As for all of us going on a vaca...count me in. Just tell me where to be and when to be there!
  • Neesy - Oh my gosh, awesome on the weightloss. I am jealous because I was on your butt, now you zoomed ahead! I will catch you though - watch out......lol....... Mechanic that is a tough one, but you never know. A friend of mines husband and her son, were both mechanics and stationed in Georgia for a long, long time. As far as I know the son never went over seas, and the husband elected to for a two year stint, then came back. I am not sure where he went when over there. Mechanics are needed everywhere, heavens you may get to visit some really nice places too.......Italy, Japan, Hawaii......I have known several friends stationed in Japan and all loved it over there.

Tiff - What a beautiful picture you of and your husband. Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on your weight too. You are down, even after a honeymoon and that is awesome!

Lindy - Loving the medium now! That has to feel great. It just means those workouts are paying off.

Check in tomorrow ladies.
  • Boy, I really need to get on here throughout the day! I had a lot of reading to catch up on.

AJ: Maintaining is a good thing, better than a gain. Hope you enjoy AZ, I've never been there, but I'm sure it's beautiful. The gym thing sounds wonderful as well.

CONGRATS TO ALL ON THE LOSSES! We're really kicking some butt! I'm down 1 pound, and I'll take it after the week I've had as well as the TOM from ****. This has to be my worst ever. I'm on muscle relaxers for my back, and you think that would help with the cramps, but it doesn't. I was laying on the couch in complete pain...so much so that I forgot about my back! LOL

I think my back is getting better, didn't go to the gym this weekend...I wanted to play it safe just in case. I'm going to go back slowly, but I do have an appt. with my new trainer next week. We'll see how that goes. I just have to get up and motivated again. I'm worried about getting back in my routine after no working out for a week. We'll see.

Neesy: Hope you are doing well. I hope your hubby's letters are some source of comfort, even though he sounds miserable. I'm sure he's missing you as much as your missing him. It's a tough time, but in the end, I'm sure all of this will be worth it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies!
  • Burg- Great job on the DS...only 5 days left, that's awesome!!

Stacie- I hope you picked up some good herbs today, I need to branch out on those and try something new. And your pizza sounds delish and best of all, pretty healthy! I'll have to give that a try sometime when I feel the beast come back...

Dance- Wow, you are so amazing to do all that hiking! I'm in my 2nd week of jog/walking and I'm tuckered, can't imagine adding elevation at this point... but I'm working towards it!

MyGrits- somedays I feel like my home is a personal cafe to my 4 year old My parents actually owned a couple of restaurants while I was growing up... it's a non-vacation kind of a job, unless you hook up with a good manager you can trust... but, thanks for the kudos, perhaps I'll keep that idea in the back of mind to think more about.

Lindy- A medium? Awesome girl! How I long for my clothing to not have an "L" involved in it...

Neesy- Great job losing 3 pounds!!!

Maddies- Good for you to rest on that back, no sense in making it worse last week! I hope it goes well for you on your week back into the gym.

Well, I just finished up my jog/walk for the day...ack, I am staying positive, but have to say at this point, I have no idea how I'll be running a 5K in 9 weeks. However, I AM going to finish it no matter what, but the goal is to run the entire thing. Like one of my friends said, "Don't stand in your own way".. LOVE THAT, think I may have to copyright that and put it on my signature.
    Also, I'm so stoked-- now my brother and SIL are joining in..that makes 12 so far of my friends/family that will be running the Monster Dash with me!
  • I am suffering from a huge lack of motivation - for doing my work I think my mind and body literally shuts down on the weekend and doesn't allow me to work so I can make it through the week - perhaps I should listen to it. I am sitting here totally procrastinating and thinking well if I don't get this particular thing done what are the consequences? Then I get a little squirrely.

Neesy woo hoo on the loss - 3 lbs is great - I'm trying on my outfit tonight too, maybe it was 3 inches as well - ah one can't wish too hard!

Lindy - medium - woo hoo too! Like Back2basics I can't wait to get the work L out of my fitting, just like the number 2!! What a great feeling!! As for your goal, I say go until you are toned, with healthy BMI and then what it is, it is. I have a few girlfriends that weigh 150 and look amazing. Fact is, you are getting closer everyday - wait until that small slides on you!!!

Vicky - that's great too - I hope the back continues to improve - are you doing some stretching to keep the muscles from tightening up?

Back2Basics - good for you on the 5K - what an amazing feeling that will be and with support too!! I wish I could do that but I don't like running - at least now anyway - even though I found a supportive bra, I think I still might get black eyes 9 weeks - doing lots of cardio and training - you will do awesome!!!!!!

Dance - thanks so much for the carrot! I love that little guy!

Well - deep sigh - I wish you all a great week! I will be on at least once a day, hopefully more - especially if the crunchie munchie visits me during my stress this week. The week leading up to the event is always nuts and I have so much to do but as long as I get that work out in every morning and stay below my calorie range - I bet it will be much easier to get through than if I was eating junk and being lazy. Short term pain for long term gain. Funny how the gain happened so much quicker with my arse!!!
  • Morning, girls!

Neesy - you are a weight loss machine!! Onederland is within reach - you can do it!

Maddiesmom - congrats on the loss! With all of the obstacles in your way right now, you are still making it happen!

back2basics - keep on truckin' with your training and I bet you'll surprise yourself on the 5k! Someone gave me some advice once that was really helpful and it was to slow it way down while you're getting started as a lot of people try to go too fast and totally wear themselves out. Does that apply to you at all?

Tiff - good for you on the loss! What food/exercise plan are you on right now?

Lindy - congrats on the M!!! Fun, isn't it? I've bought a few lately and they make me ridiculously happy : ) Last week I panicked about not being able to find shorts and capris this winter before our Costa Rica trip and bought a few in a size 8 (which I should fit into when I'm about 145 if memory serves) as I have 12s and 10s still around from earlier smaller times but I'm really hoping that they'll be too big by the time January rolls around. I think 145 will end up being my goal in the end as I remember feeling good at that weight. Do you have memories of 125? If not, how did you pick it?

mygrits - this is your week, I just know it! If you shoot for more exercise than last week, I bet it will help with stress management. Tell us how it goes - we're rooting for you!

Better get ready for work...
  • Goodmorning Ladies!

I don't know what this week brings, but I did get my workout in this morning. I got up early, hit the concrete and got my workout in. Can you believe it was already hot by 7:30am? Florida is just gross this time of year...lol. I really was miserable and gripped the whole time - but I got it done. I am feeling better already, just praying this week brings good news.....other than hurricanes! LOL........

Dance - You are doing so fantastic and I do believe you will be wearing those size 8's when you hit the Costa Rica sands....... I do remember being 125, but that was too thin for me. I remember my mother-in-law coming in my bathroom and asking me if I was anorexic! Hilarious, as much as I like food! LOL.......I have high cheek bones and when I am smaller my face just looks thin. I good weight for me is around 135 to 145.

Check in later, my daughter is on her way from Georgia to show me her wedding dress! I can't wait to see her!!
  • Good morning girls...I am soooo sleepy today, I stayed up talking to Mr. Sweet 16 until after 11 at night! Thats WAY past my bedtime and I will not be doing that again. It wasnt intentionally done, I just lost track of time.

Anyway...

Dance - no, I do not have memories of 125...as I think I was 10 last time I weighed that little, lol. No, but seriously, I was never obsessive about my weight when i was younger, so I never weighed myself. The lowest I got was 170 and I was a size 10, that was a good size but I definately want to be smaller than that. I love the fact that you purchase size 8 clothing, its almost like those are your "goal" outfits...great motivation. I almost bought this dress I saw yesterday, I saw it and fell in LOVE. It was so HOT...size 6, but I didnt have the extra money to make the purchase this time around. Maybe next time?

Stacie - its crazy that you work weekends too. I just couldnt do it, I would be so lazy during the week if I worked that much. More power to you. It never seems to fail...arse....cracks me up everytime.

Back2Basics - you'll get there girl. Its amazing how fast you warm up to running. I never in a million years thought I could run more than a mile, but now I do 3 miles a day. Its fantastic that you have so much support!

Maddiesmom - a pound without exercise...ugh, Im jealous! I mean...congratulations, lol! Good job.

Ok...so its settled, a girls "GOAL" vaca is agreed upon. When November gets around, we will take a poll to see where the location is and then I will work on coordinating the additional details. This is so great...so excited!

Ok..I have been typing this for 1 hour already, I have to get to work. Ill touch base later.
  • Staccie-your pizza recipe sounds yummy, I may have to try it. Hope your week isnt too crazy. Dont get too stressed.

Dance-your hikes sound amazing, sounds like you are trucking right along on them too.

Sandy-I am with you, we both lost 4 lbs, now time to lose another 4

Lindy-not sure about my new pic, may end up changing it again. My husband picked that one. *jealous* mediums, thats awesome. Sounds like things are going pretty well with 16 pack. I dont know if I said anything yet. But I am in on the vacay. After tax season would be great.

Neesy-you will be in onederland SOON!!!! 3 lbs is great.

Tiff-thats not even a full lb, you will be back down soon. You are doing great

maddiesmom-glad your back is getting better. You will be back to your routine and giving us all a run for our money. Make sure the trainer takes it easy on you the first couple of times.

Basics-I keep saying I want to do the couch to 5k. Let me know how you like it. I may have to start it when i get back from NY

I got on the scale this morning and was down another .5lb, 217.5, yay. Hope it stays there and goes down to 216 this week. I may end up weighing in on Friday morning this week. I will be in NY on Sunday and wont have my scale. Thats the only scale I will go by. I am so excited to go....gonna have a great week next week. Dont know how often I can log on here though. Ok, need to go to town for some dog food and get my workout in. Have a great day ladies.
  • Ahhhh...this is just me venting...no need to reply.

So, Mr. Sweet 16 is taking me out on a date tomorrow, since he's a cop, its hard for him to get weekends off so I gave in and took a personal day from work. Well, we were planning a trip to Epcot but realized there really wasnt much going on there, so were going to wait till fall until the food and wine festival. Anyway...we decided to just "stay in" and hes going to come to my house to watch movies and then were going to grab lunch and go from there. So..why am I griping? My mom lives 4 houses down and even if Im late for work, shes calls and says "Nicole, is everything ok, why are you running late" lol. So naturally I had to tell her I was having "company" over. HA...that went well. My mom is not happy about the separation and yes, I will openly admit that maybe I started dating too soon after my husband moved out but wehave been separated since March. Point being...if things do work out to be favorable with Mr. Sweet 16 (which is sooo far down the road),then my mom already doesnt like him. And she keeps saying "ya know Nicole, looks arent everything, your going to find a better guy who makes more money, takes care of you financially and will cheat on you bc thats what guys like that do". Grrr...it makes me mad. She just rather see me complascent and "safe" then with someone who makes me happy, that Im attracted to and is willing to take care of me. Its like...she thinks I cant do any better, and if I do...he's a dog. Meanwhile, I tried explaining to her that he's a good guy with a good job who is self sufficient and is somewhat religious...but noooo...shes just like, "you live your life how you want to". Which I know is true but Im so close to my mom, I just would hate to disappoint her.

There is absolutely no point to this story, I just needed to get this off my chest.
  • Lindy-Oh.. mothers. We try so hard to make them proud and yet it always feels like we are disappointing. My mother is the same way. She absolutely hated my husband for the first 2years. Now.. she loves him. I guess she saw that he does care about me and has stuck around 8 years and just basically got to know him more. Maybe when and if you and 16pk get serious, you can introduce him and they can try and get to know one another. You can't please everyone, all you can say is that you tried.

I'm feeling really dizzy and lightheaded today. I think I need to eat. I just got back from work... which is my off day, yet I had to go do this class for like an hour. Well, I park in the guest parking garage. The only time I ever did this and I got a ticket on my car. These security gaurds at work are pricks. I don't have to pay anything, but it says next time I will be towed. If they ever tow me, I will quit. I refuse to pay to go to work. Just ridiculous. Is it really that serious. Just me venting too. haha
    Oh and in other news, my husband is not in basic training yet!!! He is still in whats called "reception" He was suppose to start last week, but they delayed it until later this week. So.. he still has to 9 weeks after he finally starts basic. It's just pushing his graduation date further and further. The army is stupid.

My scale said 208 this morning, but I feel dehydrated or something. I'm gonna go drink lots of water and eat a good meal. Not a lean cuisine like I normally do. I think I will go get a grilled chicken salad from a restaurant nearby. That sounds good. well. talk to you later!
  • Good afternoon chickadees,

Yeah I am logging in during lunch time - woo hoo! And Dance - you will be proud - I couldn't get all my cardio in this morning so I jogged home from the gym. Whew - that was hard but it felt great. I might try that more often!

Sandy - feels good to get that workout done early heh - I can't imagine the heat there - it was hot here for a week and I thought I would die (we are by the ocean so the humidity is horrible). I saw there are some hurricanes on the way - hope they don't hit you!!! I was 115 when I was in high school, I was way too skinny too - I think I will be around 150 or so and look great. Have fun with your daughter and seeing the dress - so exciting!

Burgandy - you are on my behind...or arse I should say! Good for you - you are steaming right along. I so agree about using the same scale, especially with scales having calibars off - I use the same one at the gym each time. And going to NY - so lucky. I have never been and really want to go!! I think I would love it there - shopping, the people, the architecture...I am so jealous!

Lindy - date - that's awesome!!! Sorry about your mom - sounds like (and I could be wrong so if I am, I apologize) that you hadn't been happy for a long time so it's not dating too soon at all. Attraction - physical, mental and emotional is more important than anything. If I met a guy that worked at Subway and he had all those things I really wouldn't care. Plus, how long has it been since you've had feelings like this? It feels great doesn't it!! Our mom's sound very alike and we are close too for the most part, although somedays - ohhhhh!!!! Anyway, I bet if she sees the happiness and the change she will forego her other thoughts and comments - it may take some time

Well I am back to my lunch and my day, looks like a 14 hour one today - eck! But I had an awesome workout and felt all rubbery this morning. I said to my co-workers I feel like a rubber - lol. It brought smiles all around - I tend to have a bit sick of a mind - I got to keep things interesting ya know! I am eating a great lunch and feel good. I have to remember this when I hit my stress spot - but hopefully I won't now that my balance is good with things.

I will log in later. I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!!
  • Howdy all! You guys wouldn't believe what a big part of my day you are - I think of this group when I plan my day, at every meal and everytime I workout or make exercise plans with a friend. Honestly - you guys are the best! My mom and my bf are probably sick to death of me telling stories that involve 'one of my friends from the board'.

Staccie - you continue to amaze me! Good for you for running home from the gym - that's seriously disciplined!

Neesy - sorry to hear about the delays in your hubby's training - that's a bummer! And yes, if you're dizzy, some seriously good nutrition and lots to drink will probably help. Hang in there!

Lindy - too bad about your mom's reaction - that must be really hard on you when it's something you're excited about and you get those waves of disapproval. Sounds like you and Mr. Officer will have a great day though. The all important question - what are you wearing? : )

burgundy - you are so on a roll - way to go!

mygrits - You rock for getting your exercise in early - I know how hard that is!! And thanks for not busting out laughing about my size 8 trip shopping - you are always so encouraging!!

Doing great foodwise today - had a team lunch today and had grilled trout and sauteed spinach, very diet friendly even if I felt super high maintenance for asking for it that way instead of the way it usually comes : ) Am planning on white chili over brown rice and veggies for dinner tonight - what's everyone else having for dinner?

Hugs all around to my best girls...
  • Thanks girls for the love and support...especially lately, man oh man have I been on a rollercoaster! Anyway...I am happy with my situation, with Mr. Sweet 16 and I think as long as I dont talk about him too much with her, she'll get over it and when the time is right to meet, then so be it. But trust me...that will honestly not be until maybe next year or even Christmas time.

Neesy - the Army does stink! Pooh on your news about your hubby, gosh...well, lets try to find the positive in this...um, well...oh...ok...you have more time to get svelt for him, maybe even take off a little more? Ok...thats good, right? No? ok...I tried, lol. How are you feeling now? Maybe your getting too few calories and thats why your feeling dizzy? Nonetheless...I hope you feel better.

Stacie - go you...go you...its your birthday...go you. Ok, its not your birthday, lol...but Im super stoked to see that you were able to log on. You have quite the schedule. Kudos on the jog too. How long is the run anyway? Oh and thanks for relating with me on the guy and mom front. I feel the same way as you, as long as Mr. Subway guy has all the qualities Im looking for...why not? lol.

Dance - I am the same way! I tell my mom stories ALL THE TIME about you girls, hope you dont mind, lol. Wow...reading the description of your lunch made my mouth water....<drooling>, I want some! Hmmmm...for dinner, I am having rotisserie chicken without the skin and squash, kinda bland but it works. Oh in reference to what Im wearing...I want to look like "im not trying but yes Im smokin hot" lol...so, Im wearing a pair of boot leg jeans and Im going to pick up this black top that I tried on yesterday but didnt buy. Anyway...I probably wont log in until tomorrow evening, so wish me luck.
  • Umph, I've had an arse day. I kinda feel like crawling into a corner and ripping my hair out! AHHHH! But I'm looking forward to sleep and then working out tomorrow (I really think working out in the am is the only thing really keeping me going). It's 630, I got here at 8 and I will be here for at least another 3 hours.

Anyway - just had to vent!

My jog was only about 5 city blocks so not too far - it was tough!!! But a good way to get in some extra cardio and about 10 more min sleep!

Dance- yum for your food. I didn't pack enough for lunch today Damn. I guess it's yogurt, almonds and a protein bar. Got to ensure I pack lunch tomorrow.

Lindy - good luck with woo hoo..kissy kissy! And that outfit sounds smoking - you go girl!

Well if I ever want to get out of here....I better get back to work. Tomorrow is another nasty arse day so I hope to log on at lunch!

Toots!

S