Accountability/Menu/Planning 10 - 16 August

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Ladies, can I join in here?

I've lost quite a few pounds recently, but that's been due to appetite loss (caused by emotional stress and illness) and I'm aware that I really need to take a more planned and structured approach.

How do I pick a number of cals to eat each day? Is it a bit like plucking something out of the air and running with it for a few weeks and seeing what happens?
  • I can send you a calorie deficit chart if you like to help you figure it out.

just PM me your email.

it's based on y our current weight, gender, age, and activity level.
  • Hi chicks...just a quick hello. I am off to Cleveland any moment. My wonderful stepmom fell down some stairs and required 15 staples on her head. DH and I are going up to check on her, run some errands and give her a visit. I'll be back tomorrow.

Have a great day.
  • salsa, welcome!

welcome to all the newbies actually!

last night I did golds gym boxing for the wii and I lost track of time, did it for about an hour and a half and now my lower back muscles are SO SORE from the proper boxers bobbing stance. OWWY.

today:

b: 2 egg white, 1 slice cheese on arnolds wheat sandwich thin w/ banana
    s: banana
    l: seitan patty with 1 slice cheese on arnolds wheat sandwich thin, 2 serv oven baked fries
    s: 2 serv hummus w/ 1 serv triscuit
    d: zucchini and sweet potato stir fry

I weigh in tomorrow. *crosses fingers*
  • Hi to everyone !!!

I've been the stress queen lately and just haven't been posting. Hope that changes soon and things settle down.

Nothing new on the weight loss end of things. I seem to be at a small plateau of sorts which is always hard. I remind myself my goal is to eat healthy first and think about weight loss second. It's still easier to forego goodies when you see the scale go down...lol.

I went for a nice long walk this morning and hope to keep the daily routine up... but it's not my strong suit. I also treated myself to a new scale. My other was old and hey it's harder and harder to read/see the little slashes to tick off my weight...lol. The new one has nice big digital numbers. Problem is I bought it 3 days ago and seems like every time I go in my bedroom for something I hop on it and wow does it fluctuate dramatically during the course of a day !!!!!

Lottie ~Gold's gym is fun, I like it but I confess to not doing it lately. Lazy of me I guess.

Beverlyjoy~ sorry to hear about the stepmom, hope she will be ok !!!!

Welcome to the newbies, it's a great group !!!

Have a great OP day everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. My knee hurts SO much today. I think I am going to take some pain meds and rest. Maybe a nap.....i'll check in either later or tomorrow.
  • I have a chicken/potato/carrot dish for tomorrow
    almond tilapia later in the week
    may have french toast w/the family but will have to watch portions
  • I had a little low fat vanilla yogurt with some granola a moment ago...I seem to crave something creamy & sweet, I need to stay away from ice cream
  • *sticks head in* Anyone remember me?

Sounds like you all are doing well on the weight-loss road. Congratulations! After a rotten summer I've been good for the past week--lots of water, 1550-1650 k/cal per day, the occasional bit of exercise. I haven't dared step on the scales yet.

I really need to start posting regularly here again. It certainly helped with the first time around....
  • Hello all.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:
    Oatmeal

Snack 1:
    Peach flavored Yoplait Light

Lunch:
    Had to pick up Mom from the hospital and run her all over town. I wasn't expecting to be out that long so I didn't pack my lunch. We stopped at El Pollo Loco and I had a Chicken Tostada Salad without rice or the tostada bowl.

Snack 2:
    Granny Smith apple with a couple of teaspoons of peanut butter

Dinner:
    Had planned to have marintetd flank steak, leftover cauliflower and a tossed salad BUT it's just my daughter and I tonight and neither of us were hungry. So, I had a bowl of Kashi Go Lean and a handful of strawberries. The marinated flank steak gets to soak in the marinade bath until tomorrow.

I also got in Day 6/Level 1 of Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred and TONS of water. The water is pretty easy to get down as that's the only thing I drink anyway.

So...until next time...
  • Hi everyone! Hope everyone is staying cool today.

Beverlyjoy--Oh no! I hope she is ok!

jab-there you are! Ooh, stress isn't good. I hope things settle down for you soon! Good for you for getting in a nice long walk yesterday.

darkblue--of course I remember you! Welcome back!

sunshine--great job! I have heard the 30 day shred is really hard--keep it up!

So it's been an ice pack and the major pain meds kind of a day for me today. I will be so glad for this knee surgery to be over with!!!! Plus, TOM is here (early...lucky me), so I am feeling icky.

Despite feeling icky, food choices have been good and I have been drinking lots of water. I have my gym clothes all set for the gym tomorrow--I even have my lunch packed already!
  • b: 2 egg whites w/ 1 slice cheese on Arnold's sandwich thin (wheat), green apple
    s: 1 oz cheese and 2 serv triscuits
    l: Taco salad with black beans (no meat, didn't eat shell)
    s: green apple
    d: bbq seitan on Arnold's wheat sandwich thin w/ 2 pieces corn on the cob (no butter)