20 minutes and climbing of Cardio for this ex-smoker ...

• No, unfortunately not 20pounds .. yet.. However i am proud to say that today i finally managed to get a brisk walk off my old treadmill that took me over 20 minutes. Now i've smoked on and off for 4 years and it took me a year and a half to finally quit. The workout/Cardio portion of my weight loss journey have been the most discouraging for me. I could never seem to climb on my treadmill and commit to anymore than 6-10minutes before hacking and wheezing with extreme pains in my chest. This has left me unmotivated to workout the time i needed to burn. Gaining the extra 60 pounds of course didn't help. I can't count the number of times i've listed (20 min of cardio) in my fitness journal only to poop out or skip it entirely. Yesterday i finished 12 minutes, and today 21. My goal is to incorporate 35-40 minutes a day and perhaps even begin running by doing short intervals.. Anyway.. it's pretty small as milestones go but for me it was a total triump over the years that have deterred me from taking action.
  • Congratulations !! You'll be conquering that treadmill in no time !!
  • Nothing small about it, Sphere. Just the quitting smoking is a bigger accomplishment than many people can manage. And now you're gaining back your exercise endurance?!?! Be proud of yourself.

• no small triumph at all!!! it is huge, and cograts!!
  • That is fantastic! Congrats
  • Way to go, and congrats for sticking with it!
  • Keep building up the endurance and your twenty will easily be 30 and 40!!!