VERY spicy black bean chili recipe

• Just added this on Spark, if you try it plz rate my recipe.

It's very spicy!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=718594
  • Checking it out now. Looks YUMMY!

Don't know if my temperamental tummy can handle it, but I bet my roomies would LOVE it
  • I love spice. hehe. and if it bothers my stomach, pepto always works. I'm just not willing to sacrifice my spicy stuff! hehe.
  • spice. beans. sounds amazing.
  • Holy heck! You do like spice! Not me, so I just won't put those ingredients in when I try it, maybe just a little bit! THanks for posting it!
  • hahaha.

mckormick also makes a 'chili seasoning' packet that is regular, I just like to use the HOT.
  • Lottie - that looks KILLER! It never occurred to me to use a jar spaghetti sauce for a chili base - but what a great shortcut! If you're fond of the spicy, btw - check out Penzeys online. They have some blends for chili, jerk, curry, and BBQ that can rock your socks! Thanks for posting this!
  • yer welcome. I will check it out, thanks!

and yeah I like the sauce so much better cuz it has a little flavor as opposed to stewed tomatoes, that and tomato chunks GROSS ME OUT. haha!
  • I would so eat that chili! I love my food very spicy, but I would have to tone it down some for my sweetie. The man never even had a jalapeno until he met me. Amazing!

I love those Sparks recipes. I'm creating my own cookbook full of yummy things to eat and I'm planning on snagging tons from there.
  • Yum!! We love spicy too! And i thought I was the only one to use spaghetti sauce in chili lol Im bad about just throwing in whatever I got and was out of salsa and tomatoes one time so just threw in the spag sauce and hey it worked.
  • Sounds Yum-O! Thanks for sharing!