IN THE NEWS - PETA to target kids with disturbing "Unhappy Meals"

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • An excerpt that I find disturbing

"...The "Unhappy Meal" that PETA will give to children - a spoof of a Happy Meal - will include a "menacing, knife-wielding" Ronald McDonald cutout, a ketchup packet disguised as chicken blood, a plastic chicken covered in "blood" and a "McCruelty" t-shirt..."

That is taking things a bit too far, in my opinion.

Full Article here - http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/peta-...-mcdonald.html
  • It is taking things too far...I dont eat McDonalds and I would rather starve than to EVER eat it! YUCK! I do love PETA and what they stand for though....Im trying to make the transition from meat eater to vegan....With the exception of fish...
  • I don't have kids but if I did and someone gave them stuff like that, I would be whoopin some ***, for real.
  • Peta is about shock value and that is what they are going for. They can offer to give the 'unhappy meals' to the children but I'm also assuming their parents will be with them and can reject.
  • When they start targeting KIDS... it p!sses me off. Kids should not be pawns in their little game - or any game for that matter. They need to step off. I understand some of the things they do, and they have brought to light animal cruelty issues that was badly needed.. but I really cannot stand the way they use "shock" crap to stay in the media spotlight. It's annoying - and actually kind of pathetic.
  • Quote: I don't have kids but if I did and someone gave them stuff like that, I would be whoopin some ***, for real.
    Exactly - someone's *** would be handed to them on a platter if that was handed to either of my kids.
  • I'm also assuming their main goal is to get McDonalds to change their food source practices and it really isn't to 'get them while they are young' but to go after the customers since going directly to McDonalds probably didn't work. Although I don't understand most of the things Peta does and although I happily follow a vegan diet, I think I would've gone vegetarian a lot sooner if I wasn't off put by certain organizations and their practices.
  • I don't agree with any kind of animal cruelty but this is going a little too far. Kids do not know better and should not be targeted to help the cause.
  • I disagree with that. That is taking things too far. PETA takes things overboard. And if somebody handed my child an "Unhappy meal", I would shove where the sun don't shine. Better believe it.
  • PETA while their intentions are noble their practices are terrible.

This is one of those things the ends do NOT justify the means....
  • Yeah, I reckon it was suppose to happen down in Albany which is about 30 minutes from where I live. My bf said if he didn't have to work, he would be tempted to take his kid there just to see if someone tried to give him an "unhappy pack" so he could give them a pack of his own
  • I like my chicken fried and in a PETA pocket

oh and before you get all ....I am against cruelty to animals!
  • Shameful. I don't eat at McD's (or any fast food for that matter; we keep kosher), and my children have never eaten meat (raising them pescatarians), but I would be very upset if someone handed this to my child, or any other for that matter. PETA continues to step over the line.
  • Quote: I like my chicken fried and in a PETA pocket

oh and before you get all ....I am against cruelty to animals!

• So I'm guessing no one else found this remotely funny? I think a kid walking around wtih a knife wielding ronald mcdonald and a McCruelty tshirt would be hilarious. Granted, I don't think PETA actually intends to do this, only to draw attention to their tactics, but still.

McCruelty