To Weigh or Not To Weigh

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I'm a recovering scale junky LOL! I allowed the scale to send me through emotional ups and downs from the daily fluctuations. Even though in my head I KNOW why the scale fluctuates, it still hurts me to see it! So I haven't weighed myself in a while and I won't until I feel comfortable with getting on the scale again. It doesn't bother me now that I don't weigh. I know that I'm eating healthy, exercising, and doing the things I need to do to be healthy. I'm going by how I look in the mirror at this point. When I get to goal, however, I will weigh daily and record it on a graph/chart for maintenance purposes.
  • I literally threw my scale away. I guage my loss by how I feel and how things fit. I can get my wedding rings on for the first time in years! I will weigh in at the doctors office and get an official weigh in there. I was going to weekly meetings that required weighing in and I would live or die by the scale. It was too much of an emotional roller coaster. I am happy and have stayed on plan for longer than any other time,....and I am looking forward to seeing what the scale says next time I see my doctor!
  • When I moved to NC a few months ago, I was scale-less and I missed my buddy. I weigh myself daily and I find that it keeps me on track. Sure, I feel elated by even a 0.5 lb decrease, and I get slightly pouty when I see a 0.5 lb increase, but I'm just starting to teach myself that those up and down blips mean nothing in the big picture. I used to be so influenced by the numbers that I'd base my daily menu off my scale reading in the morning, successfully undoing any good I had previously done. Now it's calorie counting/cycling and exercising with a peek at the scale (daily) to see the downward trend. I find that I need the daily reminder.
  • once a week, or every other week, the daily fluctuations will drive you mad!