What's Your Favorite Song and/or Music Artist?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Yes, I am on a music kick today, sorry

I am looking for some new music to listen to

I really don't like gangsta rap or death metal but open to pretty much anything else so gimme your best
  • First, can we maybe make this a sticky? I see this request a lot and it would be nice to have one thread where people can go to as a constant resource!

NOTE/Dislaimer: My exercise playlists are not representative of my typical musical tastes.

Here are some good ones that get me going a little faster:

-Womanizer-Britney Spears
    -Mercy-Duffy
    -American Boy-Estelle featuring Kanye West
    -Ska from my college days and No Doubt
    -Disturbia, Please Don't Stop the Music-Rihanna
    -Kelly Clarkson's faster stuff
    -Pink's faster stuff

I'm looking forward to reading more suggestions!
  • I am living in the 80s lately I have been listening to itunes Radio Big R 80s radio. Usually when I'm at home, I'll put it on and listen to it while I'm doing whatever.
  • Thank you Amy for all the great suggestions

Thanks nelie too, I like the 80s
  • I stick mainly to dance tunes or faster songs for working out. Some favorites include:

Pink - Get the Party Started, Sober
    Britney Spears - I'M a Slave 4 U, Freakshow, Boys (Co-ed Remix), Stronger, Gimme More, Toy Soldier, Break the Ice, Circus, etc
    Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle, Fighter, Dirrty
    Rihanna - Shut Up and Drive, Push Up On Me
    Shakira - Hips Don't Lie, Don't Bother, Whereever Whenever, Eyes Like Yours, La Tortura (can't understand this one but it's upbeat and a super cool music video LOL), adding She Wolf as soon as CD comes out
    Samantha Fox - I Wanna Have Some Fun
    Divinyls - I Touch Myself, Back To the Wall
    Sweet Sensation - Take It While It's Hot
    Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl
    Morris Day - The Walk, Jungle Love
    Berlin - Pleasure Victim, Masquerade, Sex (I'm A...)

Thinking of adding some Lady Ga Ga ...
  • Im so glad you asked this! I am so tickled with what I am listening to right now and I wanted to share it with you guys cause its a super great cd for walking and running, ya know, it gets ya goin...

Michael Jackson-Blood on the Dancefloor

There are a few new songs on there plus there are remakes of some of his previous songs, but made with a Re-MIX.

Its awesome! And I do love me some Michael Jackson. Bless his heart. And those of you who think 'why is she listening to a child molester'? I seriously think that whole issue was fabricated by money hungry people....I believe he is and was innocent.
  • Thanks MugCanDoIt

(and hopefully no one will start a debate here over MJ, please, this is not the place for it, thanks )
  • Quote: Thanks MugCanDoIt

(and hopefully no one will start a debate here over MJ, please, this is not the place for it, thanks )
    Yes I agree.....
  • I listen to alot of hip hop (not gangsta rap lol) and techno when I workout, my favorites are:

Kanye West - Stronger
    Kanye West - Flashing Lights
    DJ Tiesto - Just Be
    Tiesto - Olympic
    Jes - Imagination (Kaskade Remix)
    Armin Van Buuren ft Susanna - If you should go
    Black Eyed Peas - Bom Bom Pow
    Black Eyed Peas - Shut up (Remix)
    Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk with my Heart
    Keri Hilson - Turnin' Me on
    P. Diddy & the family - Is this the End
    P. Diddy ft/Twista - Is this the End (Part 2)
  • I love Maxwell, but I can't work out to him. So I am really on Prince, MJ, 80s Madonna, well, anything from the 80s especially 80s hip hop.
  • Thanks everyone for the ideas.

And really, they don't have to be songs for working out. I am just wanting some new songs for general, everyday listening
  • Great music I've been into lately:
    -Jose Gonzales
    -Fleet Foxes
    -Bon Iver
    -Spoon
    -Sara Watkins
    -David Gray
    -MGMT
    -Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • My most favourite song in the world is Rompin Shop by Vybz Kartel & Spice I listen to it atleast 15 times a day.

Now, it is Jamaican reggae/dancehall. I don't know it would be your cup of tea or not, but a lot of my friends who aren't into reggae, love it. It's simply a-m-a-z-i-n-g
  • Thanks Jen and luvja
  • Are you aware that if it isn't Neil Diamond it isn't really music?