WW @ Home - Amazing August Results!

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • ooooh katier please pass on your black bean and rice salad recipe!
  • Well chickies it is very early morning or late night however you want to look at it and I can't sleep. My entire body seems to ache. I worked out earlier this evening but am use to the routine. So I have just taken some tylonol and hope I can get some rest in an hour or so....5am is going to come quick

Anyway on the bright side I feel pretty good about my week how about all of you? We have had some off point days this month bur it looks like we are all on track again. Oh and hey don't forget to post your loss on the other thread only a little over a week until the month is gone!
  • I am going to type the recipe up later to e-mail to the ladies in my book club and I will post it here also. Everyone was shocked when I told them it was a WW recipe!
    I definitely misbehaved yesterday, and I am guessing was way off point but I lost track sadly. Renewed efforts today after an iffy weekend! I have even more incentive because my boyfriend and I have begun a weight loss competition. I am pretty sure he will win (as a 22 year old male who has never actually tried to lose weight or work out), but it still is a good incentive to try to keep from gaining.
    I hope everyone else has done better than I have this week!

Also congrats on the little one Nancy. As a Katie, I definitely approve of her name!!!
  • Ok so today was a mediorocer <sp?> day had the biggest allergy attack I have had in months actually left work early because I could not stop blowing my nose and was so congested. Which made it impossible for me to work out but did eat a sensible dinner and 2 glasses of wine.

Tomorrow is weigh in and tomorrow night it is pizza with no cheese as a treat ...whoo hoo here I come
  • So I am completely dreading weigh in tomorrow, and found myself finding excuses NOT to weigh in and post here. I decided that is the moment I NEED to post here. I've been off point the whole week I feel, and I got lax with my keeping track of points. There have been way too many tempting meals (ex: my brother's going back to college dinner last night was fried chicken, pasta and sauce, and caesar salad. I ended up not only eating all three parts but having SECONDS!) and I have had no will power, and on top of that TOM is arriving today or tomorrow and I can already feel the bloat. I am almost positive tomorrow will be a gain and I just feel mad at myself about it.
  • I can match you bite for bite katier! I ate an entire pizza last night and a bottle of wine. the pizza was real thin crust and added my own cheese but still and entire pizza and bottle of wine? I went over by 17pts in just that one day....

And today and for the next two weeks I will be with my daughter and new grandbaby no telling what I will be eating
  • So I am not the only person...important question, what kind of wine? lol. Still feeling bloated, so who knows tomorrow. Hopefully helping with the baby will keep you busy!
  • Okay, coming here to fess up to the fact that I haven fallen. Hard. It started on Friday when a friend and I went out after the movies...nachos, margarita and a McFlurry!! EEEKS! THAN, we went camping where I ate hot dogs, corn with BUTTER and chips! Oh, and more ice cream! Seriously...it was only four days of cheating and I put on 7lbs!!! So, I've taken 3 off...4 to go. I can't believe how fast it can pack back on! However, I am not a slave to my new lifestyle, I just have to pick myself off...and keep going. I'm at 15 points today...still lots left for a healthy dinner and light snack. I'm gonna be good!

I might even weigh in this week. I totally skipped it to avoid the scale. Too bad it doesn't make it all go away eh? Hmph.

• Boy we have had a rough few days chickies! I now see how things are going to go at DD house. BF loves to cook! lunch roast beef sandwitch with chips...dinner steak, baked potato, salad and several glasses of great wine...I keep this up for two weeks I will pack on 10 pounds easy.

and to top it all off I had/have the great intention of working out while here but I re-injured my back and it will take a few days for it to feel better if the past is any indication...there is a lake here I can walk around -- 4.5 miles so I am excited to try when my back is ready
  • I don't know about you guys.....but I need a hug today!

I had one too many glasses of wine last night, myself. And.....as I have said before.....I tend to snack when I drink and my ability to make good food choices is completely lost!

Katie - good job on the loss this week.

Nancy - enjoy your time with your new grandbaby! Sorry to hear about your back...hope that it feels better soon and you get to take that walk around the lake.

kiki100 - hope your week gets better. I think that it is completely unfair how easily we put on weight and how hard we have to work to get it back off!!

Arkansas Kel - how's the night shift going? Getting "back in the groove" after being so sick?

Chrissy1175 - how is the roommate working out??

cher37, lauralou, mattraces5, londonjulz, chelley, morrowbay1990, gillyhicks115.....you guys still out there??? Hope so!!

Hope that everyone has a great day and weekend!
  • Here is your hug Ragsy!!!! All of us wine drinkers have made that mistake....many times for most of us!!

Thanks for the support on the loss! I screwed up a lot this week but as I got nervous mid week I stepped up my workouts, and I think it really paid off!! I am now preparing to leave for camping for the weekend, so I am hoping to keep things under control there...camping is a tricky one.

Kiki- I gained the weight when I went to Canada and just this morning returned to my pre-trip weight.....it's so so so unfair!!! Stick with it, you'll come back!

Nancy- It is so hard to be a guest of someone serving non-WW friendly food, especially because you want to be gracious!! Hopefully when your back is better you find a balance between the your daughter's bf's cooking and exercise. Until then, enjoy that little baby!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I look forward to reading about it when I am back from camping.
  • well chickies I did walk the lake today and I knew walking there .5 miles that my back was feeling better when I left was back to pain when I got there but I still decided to take that walk...so 3.5 miles in 56 min so not bad while I was hurting

food wise today I did better...since I could not bring myself to eat sugar cereal, processed bread, or deli meat...so it was 2 bananna, and a peach for breakfast and lunch, snack of grapes...but for dinner a great 3oz marinated beef and steamed mixed veg. and two glasses of red wine..

btw baby is so cute!
  • ok I figure if I post here while I am on my vacaton I won't over do so bad. B grapes and apple, lunch apple (I would eat what they have but it is not ww friendly-beleive me) dinner grilled salmon and mixed veggies and two glasses of wine. I did walk at a moderate pace for 60 min. I also managed to get a blister on my foot. I don't know if it was from my tennies when I power walked yesterday or my sandles today...both pair are not new to my feet

How is everyone else doing? weekends can be a real pain to stay on points
  • ok tooting my own horn! I have been working out using watp dvd and usually do the 5mile burn. Well since staying with daughter with baby they do not have the space to do the dvd so as you know they have this lake you can walk/run or stroll around.....Today I pushed myself and did 3.5 miles in 42 min so a 12 min mile....that is a first. I mean the dvd says you do 5 miles in 60 mins but to actually do it on a real hard surface and move forward made me fantanstic
  • That is an awesome pace Nancy!!!!!! Congrats! I had a typical unhealthy camping weekend....it rained a lot so there was way more snacking than planned. I used up my flex points, but I am feeling okay. School stuff begins this week, like workshops, etc. so I am feeling excited to get back into a regular eating pattern. I don't have that during the summer, and it is so helpful! So despite the camping craziness I think the rest of the week will be good!