clean plate club

• Tonight I went to eat and had a plain black bean burrito with no cheese or rice (I dip it in wing sauce. Mmmm)

anyhow, I got full before I was finished and left the rest on my plate. I didn't even think twice about it, later it hit me and I was shocked. I have always been part of the clean plate club.

I'm pretty excited.
  • That is so awesome! I was raised to be part of the clean plate club too. I am so happy to see it's possible for someone to break that habit.

Right now, I am consciously working on recognizing the first signs of fullness and stopping even if there is just one bite left. Is that how you started and then it became a way of life? Or did it just naturally happen for you?
  • Congrads, way awesome...

Hi, my name is... I'm a habitual clean the plate person. Actually, I was very proud of myself on my birthday dinner. I went out to a pub and had a burger and tots (yes all in the meal plan). Before I started, I handed off half my tots to a friend. I only got about 2/3rds the way through the burger before I realized I was full and I sat it aside and was done with it. I was so proud of myself. It really is one meal at a time.
  • Awesome!
  • Exciting!

I remember the first time this happened to me, it gave me so much hope that I wouldn't always struggle to control my eating, and now it's a habit. I almost never finish a restaurant meal.
  • That's definitely a big deal! Especially w/restaurant food. Great job!!
  • Congrats, It is a good feeling to have control over yourself! Great job.
  • We are either raised to clean our plate ( I wasn't) or by being over-eaters think we have to clean our plate (that's me). What I've been doing for the past month is purposely leaving at least a bite of food (or more if I'm actually full) on my plate. I'm trying to build a habit that says I don't have to eat everything that is in front of me, no matter how good it taste.
  • Quote: That is so awesome! I was raised to be part of the clean plate club too. I am so happy to see it's possible for someone to break that habit.

Right now, I am consciously working on recognizing the first signs of fullness and stopping even if there is just one bite left. Is that how you started and then it became a way of life? Or did it just naturally happen for you?
    it just sort of happened. yay.
  • thanks everyone for the congrats!
  • very cool! congrats! that's a great NSV!
  • That is great! That is something that I've had happening more and more lately, not all the time but I'm started to notice when I'm full and then I push back from the table. Great job!