Ideas for Veggie Burgers?

• I joined the Pantry Challenge and have a LOT of veggie burgers to eat in the next few weeks. Any ideas for interesting meals with them?

Lynn
  • make yourself some oven fries with Pam spray. That way you can have "hamburgers" and fries. Or "cheeseburgers" and fries.

Or....open up a can of cream of mushroom soup and add the veggie burgers to that....I used to do that with hamburgers....my husband likes it. Have mashed potatoes with it.......
  • I cut them up and put them in a FF tortilla with some low fat cheese, salsa, and a bunch of veggies (onions, peppers, cilantro, etc) and nuke it for 30 seconds for a quick lunch. Oh, and a tablespoon of low fat sour cream on top. Satisfies the Mexican food craving for a couple of days!
  • Quote: make yourself some oven fries with Pam spray. That way you can have "hamburgers" and fries. Or "cheeseburgers" and fries.

Or....open up a can of cream of mushroom soup and add the veggie burgers to that....I used to do that with hamburgers....my husband likes it. Have mashed potatoes with it.......
    Thank you - I think I'll make some oven-baked sweet pototato "fries."
  • Quote: I cut them up and put them in a FF tortilla with some low fat cheese, salsa, and a bunch of veggies (onions, peppers, cilantro, etc) and nuke it for 30 seconds for a quick lunch. Oh, and a tablespoon of low fat sour cream on top. Satisfies the Mexican food craving for a couple of days!

Thank you - I'll try that tonight.
  • I sometimes cut up veggie burgers and put them in my salads. They're also surprisingly good with an egg and a slice of low fat cheese on a piece of toast for breakfast (my favorite like this is the black bean burgers). They're also good cut up and tossed with roasted veggies and topped with a little tomato sauce and parmesan.
  • Veggie burgers :) mmm
    Sooo many possibilities!

-chop up and mix w/ chili spice. put over a bed of lettuce, top with tomatoes, a few crumbled tortilla chips, and a tiny pic of LF sour cream, and LF sprinkle cheese. taco salad
    -use grill seasonings and make in a george foreman or grill to add flavors for burgers (makes no need for cheese!), eat on an open faced bun
    -mix w/ bbq sauce or manwhich sauce
    -use as meat in a veggie soup
    -buy low fat low carb tortilla's and put crumbled meat and cheese inside for a quesadilla!