informercials inspire you?

• Hi--

I've been watching the Tour de France since it started, and I noticed nearly every day, after a particular repeat viewing of the race (different time zones have it on repeat unless u want to get up at the crack of dawn to see it live lol)... this half hour infomercial for p90x set of exercise dvds by Tony Horton.

Honestly, I've gotten into watching that infomercial on occasion, since it sure inspires me to keep going on exercising!!

Anyone been inspired/motivated to keep exercising from exercise infomercials?

~ tea
  • I workout at my gym on Sundays and on that day my normal TV shows aren't on and because it's so early the only thing ususally on are infomercials. I've watched bunches of them like p90x and Slim in 6. They do inspire me as I look at all those fit bodies.

The funniest infomercial right now is that weird twisty machine that is supposed to slim your waist and butt. Looks fun, but I wonder at it's claim to fame.
  • Not really but then again if I see an infomercial coming on then I change the channel
  • Infomercials don't really inspire me because I'm turned off by the hype, but the Tour de France sure does!
  • Infomercials inspire me to keep my money, checkbook and credit cards in my wallet!

Although I get a kick out of the line, "But wait! There's more!"
  • Quote: The funniest infomercial right now is that weird twisty machine that is supposed to slim your waist and butt. Looks fun, but I wonder at it's claim to fame.
    Yeah, I think that one is entertaining too! I'm not sure how much of a workout it would actually be, though. It looks like a recipe for a back-ache to me! I usually like to watch the Bowflex infomercials. Those people are all so fit, but I've also heard lots of real weightlifters say that you can't get firm and muscular on a Bowflex. They're still cool looking, though.
  • Infomercials I believe to be real or I know can work based on my knowledge of fitness (I have taken classes)...I buy them..I have the P90X system and it has been done before...It is VERY intense but so worth it! Get that one if any...And that funny swivel chair just makes me laugh....I doubt if it works...lol...Some of those infomercials just get you laughing.
  • They do inspire me to work harder. I've spent most of my life staying up until 5am and waking up at 1. So I'm always seeing informercials. Or at least they're on in the background. And they always remind me that I'm going to lose weight and I'm going to be successful and it's encouraging.
  • I just saw the infomercial a few days ago for the new Insanity. That was really motivating, although there is no way I would order that right now. It looks really tough and there is too much plyo and my knees couldn't handle it. It sure did motivate me, though.
  • Quote: Infomercials inspire me to keep my money, checkbook and credit cards in my wallet!

Although I get a kick out of the line, "But wait! There's more!"