Who I was 3 years ago.

• So almost 3 years ago, my husband and I were newlyweds living in our first apartment and I was very thin- 130's. I looked really really good. And today.

I am 175+ and I feel horrible about myself and about my body. How can that much damage be done in just 3 short years? Well, I did have a baby in there, haha, but still.

I found a photo today of me on his cell phone and I can't stop staring at it- that girl is me. That's who I imagine I look like until I see myself in a mirror. I had long hair, great arms, a tight little body. Why did I hate myself so much then? I was so hard on myself and my appearance at that time. I would give just about anything to look like that again.

I don't know if it's motivational or if it's just depressing haha, but I know I'm not going to take for granted what I had back then anymore.

• I know exactly how you're feeling. About three-four years ago, I had a very active job. I was fresh outta high school, getting ready to start college and first got a job at a christian chruch camp. swimming and hiking just became normal and the pounds rolled off. then i got a job working at wal-mart and thats when the weight really came off. and everyone complimented me all the time and i would simply brush them off. i mean, i honestly thought they had to be wrong.

then i gained a ton of weigh because i still ate whatever i wanted, but wasn't getting the exercise to keep it off. what really worries me is that sometimes my b.f. lectures me about never being happy with myself. and i think, well if i wasn't happy then, will I be happy when I lose all the weight? it worries me.... lol

(sorry for the life story )
  • no LoveLauren- I totally agree.

It is scary- I would like to think though that having been truly miserable as an overweight person, I will appreciate my smaller self once I get there. But at the same time, as it is, I am not a HUGE person right now! There are a lot of women who really want to be my size. So when I think about it like that- I don't know. I guess we just have to figure out how to be happy at all stages, and THAT is true happiness.