Good weight loss books?

• I need a book to read this week and I'm looking for something weight-loss related. I don't want a how-to dieting book, but maybe someone's real life success story or something along those lines. Anyone have any good recommendations? Thanks!
  • Hi Bry!

I just finished "Passing for Thin" by Francis Kuffell and "Such a Pretty Fat" by Jennifer Lancaster, I laughed out loud reading this book!! Both were really good books, insightful, and fairly quick reads
  • Here's a great thread on books here

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...se-weight.html
  • Perfect, thanks. Beats wandering around Barnes and Noble for hours!
  • Hehe
  • I am reading "In the Defense of Food." Very interesting. I am all about conspiracy theories, even though it's not at all conspiratorial. It is a great book to get us back to our roots, growing our own things, think our own opinions.
  • I'm sure you've come across it already, but Half Assed by Jennette Fulda was a huge inspiration for me. I also really liked Confessions of a Carb Queen.
  • No I haven't read either of those! I have a feeling I'm about to hit Barnes and Noble hard tomorrow
  • Quote: I am reading "In the Defense of Food." Very interesting. I am all about conspiracy theories, even though it's not at all conspiratorial. It is a great book to get us back to our roots, growing our own things, think our own opinions.
    That's by Michael Pollan, right? The author of The Omnivore's dilemma? He's a great author.

DH and I have also liked 'Good Calories, Bad Calories' by Gary Taubes (this is very academic and not a light read at all) and 'Fat Land' by Greg Critser. These will both make you good and angry and want to eat healthy!
  • It's not a real life success story book (most of my favorites of that type have already been listed) but Mindless Eating made a huge difference in my weight loss journey. I'm also currently reading The End of Overeating and it's pretty illuminating about the food industry manipulating the levels of sugar/fat/salt to make foods as enticing as possible. It's fascinating stuff and I would highly recommend.
  • This is a great thread. I could use some good, focused reading too. I did read Passing for Thin a few years ago and it was amazing. I need to read it again :-)
  • I like the books titled "Hungry girl"

They have low calorie recipes and some helpful notes to do with calories along the way. There great books.