New to weight watchers

• Today is my first day on weight watchers. Im hoping I can stick to it. Its a great way to eat. I get 32 points a day. I planned my meals so I dont go off of it. Wish me luck!
  • Good Luck. I'm sure you'll do great.
  • Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great. Planning ahead is everything!!
  • Yes. I spent about an hour last night putting snacks into baggies and pointing the point value on it.
  • Welcome and good luck!

Planning is a big key to success, sounds like you're off to a great start!
  • hi i am interested in doing ww i have the old points books would (6yrs old) would these still work for the new momentum program??
    p.s. its the one with an apple on the front
  • i went and joined and they said this book was fine
  • Hello all. I am new to WW also. I probably did the WW plan about 20 years ago. Now I am back. I have about 40+ lbs to lose. I have been doing ww at home for 2 weeks. Lost 4 pounds, then this week which was the 3rd week I have been on vacation and not been doing too good, especially writing everything down. I hope to get started back on track next week. I have sat down tonight and read thru all the postings up to page 8 which starts talking about the flex/core plans. I stopped then. Just wondering do I need to read on back any further or just start keeping up with the current postings???? I hope I can stick with this woe/plan. I like it because you don't have to elimanate anything. Sorry this is so long, and rambling on. Hope yall will allow me to come back. ladyfirefighter
  • Welcome, I just started Weight watchers last week myself... glad to have you!
  • planning is the only way i stay on track! i do what they call reverse tracking, i decide what i am going to eat the night before and check it off when i eat it the next day .... its the only way that works for me

congratulations for starting WW .....
  • Hi Breanna, how are you doing so far? Sometimes when you start it gets hard to cut portion sizes in a meal. I highly recommend the 0 pt veggie soups for a great filler food in the beginning. Also, it is cheaper to buy low sodium chicken boullion at Walmart than the broth. I put 4 cups water and 2 bouillon in it and boil. I watch it close and add water as it cooks down. I also put in spices that I like, I use Italian seasoning and boil for hours, then in the last hour, I add my veggies. That way my veggies, although canned, aren't cooked to death, but the broth has great flavor.
  • So I didnt start when I wanted to. I am going to the meeting today. I know how to calorie count so I should be good. What is the veggie soups