Harry Potter???

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • i thought the changed ending was good, the book ending was really poorly written. In books 6 and 7 Rowling seemed not to have been edited at all, and the series suffered greatly for it. Book 7 especially, terrible pacing.
  • I agree with the person who said that the new scenes they added did nothing for the film. Especially the opening scene. Give me a break. The book opening was SO MUCH BETTER.

Too much fluff for me..I mean, book 6 had its fluff and light moments, but it was also incredibly dark. The movie didnt seem to capture those moments as well, in my opinion. Lucky!Harry was pretty funny though..

I knew there wasnt going to be a funeral in the movie, so I was ok with that, but I was anticipating a much more emotional scene than what we got...I mean, it was sad, but I didnt bawl..like I thought I might

I can even understand not even having a battle at the castle. Since I assume they are going to go ALL OUT for the 7th one, it kinda makes sense not to include two battles. And I simply can't wait for that 7th one..I only hope they can live up to the expectactions fans have...

They've got their work cut out for the 7th movie part 1. I mean, Harry doesnt even know what the horcruxes might be, because they totally skipped those scenes from the book...
  • as always the books are better than the movies but i was a tad dissapointed with this movie. this was my favorite book and while I think it was a decent movie, there was something missing. i don't know if it was the action or more of the storythat wasn't there. its been a while since i've read the books but i just remember there being a bigger build up to the end ( i dont want to say it just in case someone hasn't seen it) and it ended up leaving me feeling a little empty cause its wasn't what i though it would be
  • I saw this movie opening night at the drive in; I did think it was okay, I loved the darkness around the whole movie. But I felt there was also something missing. I thought that they should have kept the beginning with Harry under the cloak closer to the book. I was disappointed at that part. Also, in the movie, Harry wasn't frozen in place for the fight scene. He was just standing there, not knowing what to do. I do agree that I need to see it again. I loved Tom Felton in it, I think they're making him a bit more realistic; showing a different side to him than the book. I think before I say it was horrible or amazing, I'd have to watch it again without anyone passed out beside me.
  • newfette, i decided NOT to reread the last book before the next 2 movies...i think thats part of what ruined this one for me...the less i remember the better
  • Quote: I was disappointed, too. I felt it was the most inaccurate in that a lot of important things were omitted that play a large part in the seventh installment (e.g., the history of the Gaunts). I was, however, extremely impressed with Tom Felton's performance. I really hope the next two movies are much better.
    i completely agree
  • i really enjoyed the movie.
    then again after having been so disappointed in the past by the movies being such horrible abominations... i went into it thinking that i might hate it, and was surprised i did not.
    i think you have to hold the movies and books separately or you will hate the movies because they just aren't as good.
    I thought it was fun and I enjoyed it, but I am ready for them to wrap the series up.
  • wow, i thought this thread had died, but maybe some people waited a little longer to see the movie