My profile picture jump started my weight loss journey!

• Hi, everyone!

Until I finished college I was always under 110 lbs.

However, in the past ten years I've gradually gained weight each year by making bad choices... not exercising... eating fast food twice a day...etc.

I didn't realize how much bigger I am now until yesterday when someone took a picture of me from behind. (avatar/profile picture)

This morning I weighed myself at Publix and was surprised to see that I have gone from 110 to 185!

It's time to do something about it! Both my mom and grandma have diabetes and fibromyalgia... so that is additional motivation for me to lose weight now.

Cutting out/down fast food... and switching to water/Propel should help.

I would love any advice and encouragent you may have for me.

Paula
  • Hi Paula and welcome to 3FC!

Kudos to you for wanting to change your life for the better . You've come to the right place for support and motivation.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Hello Paula!
    I am also new to 3FC and a short, bottom heavy 5'2".
    That was very brave of you to post your rear-view photo! Acknowledgement
    is the first step in weight control.

Have you decided how you are going to approach your life style change?

I no longer have children at home, hate to cook and have a very supportive husband, so I am trying a meal delivery service called GetSlim by Freshology. I have finished my first month and am down one pants size to a 12P. It's expensive, but absolutely delicious! I've never been successful with diets that are too restrictive (Atkins), require too much preparation (Weight Watchers) or have highly processed foods (Nutrisystem).

Good luck on your journey. We are here to help.

jo
  • Quote: Hi Paula and welcome to 3FC!

Kudos to you for wanting to change your life for the better . You've come to the right place for support and motivation.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
    Hi, Michelle!

I enjoyed looking through your progress photos. Thanks for the encouragement!

Paula
  • Quote: Hi, Michelle!

I enjoyed looking through your progress photos. Thanks for the encouragement!

Paula

Aww thank you so much and you are very welcome
  • Quote: Hello Paula!
    I am also new to 3FC and a short, bottom heavy 5'2".
    That was very brave of you to post your rear-view photo! Acknowledgement
    is the first step in weight control.

Have you decided how you are going to approach your life style change?

I no longer have children at home, hate to cook and have a very supportive husband, so I am trying a meal delivery service called GetSlim by Freshology. I have finished my first month and am down one pants size to a 12P. It's expensive, but absolutely delicious! I've never been successful with diets that are too restrictive (Atkins), require too much preparation (Weight Watchers) or have highly processed foods (Nutrisystem).

Good luck on your journey. We are here to help.

jo

Hi, Jo!

Congratulations on moving down one pants size!

Right now my eating habits are terrible. I usually eat out at least twice a day - fast food... hamburgers, fries, etc.

I sit most of the day at work... and most of the time when I am home.

My immediate plan is to make gradual changes... never eat out more than once a day... do some kind of exercise every day... should be easy with an active two year old son!

I don't think a strict, structured plan would work for me... at least at first.

Best of luck to both of us!

Paula
  • Hi Paula!

I did not know that I had gained so much weight back after I lost over 60 pounds on weight watchers until I realized I was bumping into things with my big behind and hips when I was walking around the house.

I decided that cutting back is the way I am going also, fast food and pop has become a major weakness of mine but my huge arse has helped me move past them....lol.
  • Quote: Hi Paula!

I did not know that I had gained so much weight back after I lost over 60 pounds on weight watchers until I realized I was bumping into things with my big behind and hips when I was walking around the house.

I decided that cutting back is the way I am going also, fast food and pop has become a major weakness of mine but my huge arse has helped me move past them....lol.

It's encouraging to know that I'm not alone!

So you are cutting back also? Did you just start this week? How is it going so far?

I just started today... but haven't been out to eat today... so that's good! I'm trying not to eat any of the many boxes of Girl Scout cookies we have.

Paula
  • Pictures do it all the time! They will either work for us or against us.

Welcome to the site and best wishes on your weight loss journey!
  • Hi, !
    You've come to a great place

The easiest way to do this is to find what works for you.

My advice is to educate yourself, do what you enjoy (physical activity), eat healthy foods that you enjoy, and COMMIT yourself. In the end (which we all want to reach), it's commitment that gets us there.

Down the road, whether that's a month, several months, or even a year from now, you'll be SO happy you decided TODAY to do this for yourself. It's all of those daily choices that in the end, culminate into a grand effect.
  • Quote: Pictures do it all the time! They will either work for us or against us.

Welcome to the site and best wishes on your weight loss journey!
    Thanks for the kind welcome, Sunshine!

Best wishes to you as well!

Paula
  • Quote: Hi, !
    You've come to a great place

The easiest way to do this is to find what works for you.

My advice is to educate yourself, do what you enjoy (physical activity), eat healthy foods that you enjoy, and COMMIT yourself. In the end (which we all want to reach), it's commitment that gets us there.

Down the road, whether that's a month, several months, or even a year from now, you'll be SO happy you decided TODAY to do this for yourself. It's all of those daily choices that in the end, culminate into a grand effect.
    Thank you for the wonderful advice! I think I can stick with this by doing what you suggested... doing physical activities I enjoy and eating healthy foods I enjoy.

I look forward to seeing the results!

Paula
  • Quote: Thanks for the kind welcome, Sunshine!

Best wishes to you as well!

Paula

No thanks needed!