Feeling posiitive

• Well, I'm feeling pretty positive today about being back on the horse.

Giving the vegetarian thing a shot.

Today I had, a lite wheat natural pb and (home made preserves) sammich and now I"m eating some long grain brown rice with homemade black bean chili (which came out better than ever btw)

I"m actually looking for a friend to go to dinner with, but I plan on eating something healthy. I just want to go out and have a nice time with friends. I know I can stay on plan.

I"m in a really good mood today! how about everyone else?
  • That positive attitude is rockin'!!!

And as I like to point out, it's contagious too! Keep up the great work.
  • I'm not a vegetarian but I am a slow food, local, organic girl -- so when I buy meat it's expensive and a treat and most of my meals are vegetarian (or easily made vegetarian).

I'm really big on low-processed food and making sure my carbs are complex. So I try to do whole grains. I also know that my hunger level is very dependent on protein so I try to make sure my meals have some protein.

None of my day's are typical but here's what I had this week.

Quiche made with:
    whole wheat crust
    greens (kale, beet, or otherwise),
    a little local cheese (feta usually)
    tomatoes from the garden
    and egg whites
    bacon (one slice for the whole quiche)

Lunch:
    Salad made with:
    lettuce,
    homemade pickled beets,
    cucumbers
    maybe some avocado and a 1/4 cup of beans

Snack:
    Yogurt
    In season fruit (now it's mangos).

Dinner:
    (this varies widely but last night)
    local chicken
    roasted baby potatoes
    kale, onions, tomatoes sauteed
  • What a wonderful attitude! Way to go!!
  • thanks everyone

I just made some food....and I found myself wondering, is it meat that I like or the stuff that goes on it?

So I made zucchini, brown rice, red peppers and onions with the same seaonings I'd use for steak ...some olive oil, spicy montreal steak seasoning, other random stuff, and it came out really good.
  • If you get a craving for something "meaty," a portabello mushroom works great. You can grill it like a burger or cut it in strips for fajitas!
  • lyn, thankee for the suggestion...but...once...I bit into a portabella (didnt' know it was there) thought it was a finger or something and can't eat them now! *L*
  • I am SO GLAD that you are having an awesome day!