WW General Forum Meet and Greet

You're on Page 5 of 25
Go to
  • Hello, ladies. My name is Linsey, I'm 20 years old, and married to the most wonderful man in the world. I have four dogs, and they are the center of my universe. I own half of a doggy daycare/ boarding/ grooming/ training facility in Utah, and am waiting for the right time to get into breeding Pembroke Welsh Corgis. I have a passion for animals, and a passion for life. I have been overweight (okay... really overweight) for about two years, and I'm so motivated to get my body back. I love my husband, my dogs, my cat, my "job", my family... the only thing that's missing is loving my body again, so that's what I'm working on now!
    I really enjoy forums, even moderate one, so I'm excited to have found this one, and can't wait to get to know all of you, and share this crazy up and down journey!
  • New here from NE OK
    Hi, my name is Donna and I wanted to say HI! I'm almost 50, married to David, have 3 grown children (well my son is grown in years anyway, the rest I wonder), a 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter and 2 month old grandson.
    I've been overweight all my adult life,(except for the few times that I've stuck with a diet plan long enough to lose quite a bit of weight, (once 100+ lbs), but have always gained it all back. So I've begun again. I need to lose at least 100 lbs.
    This time is a bit different: I'm also making changes for David, who even tho he's a very active, skinny little 130 lbs, had a scare with chest pains a few weeks ago and found out he's got 50% blockage in a couple of heart valves. So this time I'm going to try harder to make some lifestyle eating changes for both of us.
    2 years ago, I joined WW for a while and did pretty good. But this time, being unemployed at the moment, I'm going to use the books,resources I already have (hey, the battery in my Points counter is still up!), and use the Points program on my own.
    Exercise is a real issue for me now. Walking is really the only thing I'm physically able to do, and it's SO HOT here! (whining)
    Would love all encouragement, emails etc from all. Esp would like to chat with those who are going the Points program way alone.
    Have a great day! Donna
  • new to weight watchers and 3fc
    I just recently joined 3fc and WW. I am doing weight watchers online because I have 0 time to go to meetings between full time work and full time school. I used to really take care of my body. These last 2 years have tried to get the best of me.

To be honest,I used to think that WW was a scam, but just after a few days of following the program my weight has started to go down already. I guess it doesn't hurt to step out the box every now and then right?

I look forward to reading everyones goals and stories as well as sharing my own.

Thanks,
    K
  • How many times do I have to go....
    ...and it will stick?

I've tried SBD - great success, but I felt too restricted....well now that I gained all the weight and then some, I'm back to where I started...Weight Watchers.

Is this where I need to be? I hate being in limbo with what diet to stick with. Need some positive vibes! :-)

I'm 32, married working mother of 2 kids (3 if you count my hubby) :-)

Just looking to get this darn weight off and have no will power (at the moment!)

Uuugggh....

Haven't officially joined, still teetering on doing it at home or actually go to a center...any ideas??
  • I have found that WW is the BEST plan out there. It is the only normal method of loosing weight. No gimmicks just food.
  • My name is Kayla and I am 22 years old. My entire life I have been overweight. Over the course of 5 years, I went from 198 to 165 without really trying. My stepmom just made it a point to buy healthier foods and I didn't have an option other than to eat healthier.

By May 2008, I was 150. I worked my butt off at the gym to get in better shape before my boyfriend and I went to Daytona Beach for my birthday. I lost 15 pounds in less than three months. Then my boyfriend proposed to me at the beach and the lbs slowly started creeping up. I quit going to the gym and we both started eating way too much fast food again.

We got married in May 2009 and I couldn't tell you exactly how much I weighed then, but I know it was more than it should be. Today, it is August 4, 2010 and I am 190 lbs. Too too much.

My two aunts have started Weight Watchers and their results are incredible. They have inspired me to start as well. I am officially making my start August 2, 2010 (this past Monday) at 190lbs. My goal is to 130lbs and be able to wear a bikini and look good for the first time in my life

I am looking forward to getting involved on here along the way!
  • hello i have been yoyo dieting for many may years i have 2 kids married 5 years and i always go great on a diet program for a few weeks then i really crave chinese or fast food and have it once then i am done with dieting for months i just cant get back on it and i just want to eat everything i am an emotional eater and i would prob call myself a binge eater yet i have never been diagnosed with it i eat till i cant eat anymore or i restrict myself .....i never can stick to any diet program ....i have never been this heavy in my life i hide from social gatherings because of this and im very insecure i just wish i could be that girl who looks good too so i have turned to weight watchers i am doing this with my husband and my mother in law and sister in law i am sorta scepticle about this beacause i have counted calories before but never points so the whole point thing scares me but i will try and give it my best.....i have so many questions as to do you have to eat all of your points ? and how do you adjust points? does this really work???? anything or any points or any tips anyone can tell me? please help me succeed
  • Hi, I'm casey, and I'm 23. I've been on WW just under a week now and I'm not hungry at all. I was trying the belly fat cure first, but I just couldn't get over not having fruits and veggies. I'm excited to weigh in on Monday!
  • Hello
    My name is Latoia and I am 27 years old. I have been on WW for exactly 2 weeks. I am very excited. I am planning a trip to the carribbean and want to be able to get into my bikini with no problems. I am looking to stay motivated this time and I know we can all do it.
  • *Repost from 100 Pound Club*

-----------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Just another newbie here. I was a member of 3FC a very long time ago, and it's great to be back.

Let's see, I guess I should tell a little about myself. Well, my name is Stephanie, and I'm a romance author from the deep South. I've been married sixteen years to my best friend, and we have two boys (ages 13 and 9). I just turned 40 two weeks ago. (OUCH! ) I was a member of Weight Watchers from November 2008 to July 2009, and I managed to lose 50 pounds. Then my husband was diagnosed with skin cancer, and our lives were suddenly turned upside down. I dealt with the stress by turning to food, and now here I am back to my starting weight of 310 pounds. By the grace of God though, my husband is now cancer-free.

Needless to say, everything our family has been through has made me realize just how precious life is, and I don't want to waste another day in this body that isn't 'me'. There's a healthy, happy wife and Mother lurking inside me somewhere, and I'm determined to find her, once and for all.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!
  • Ugh, Im new to this forum. As says my screen name I am looking forward to the day I can rid my drawers of the Gran e panti... I hate that I have gotten so large. Im ready for a change!! Today is the start of the new me!!

A little bit about my story:

I have not been @ a healthy weight since I was in junior high. I was active in sports until my freshman year of high school, thats where it started to go UPHILL. When I graduated high school I weighed 155 which was overweight but nothing that I thought was obese. I slowly reached nearly 200 pounds when I got pregnant with my son in 2002. My son was born in 2003, I actually lost the baby weight pretty fast and was back down around 160. Being a single mom was stressful and actually helped me maintain the 160's. (I was happy in the 160's) I met my now husband in 2005, got pregnant in 2006, got married in July 2006, had a miscarriage 3 days after my wedding with a D&C as well...................STARTED TO GAIN LOTS OF WEIGHT!!

Here I am 4.5 years later and weighing 311 pounds!! Im ashamed, Im embarrassed and Im wearing the Gran-E-Panti!! Today is the start of the rest of my life. I know that my 7 year old is embarrassed by me, he actually prefers that I skip school functions b/c Im not like other moms..... (because Im FAT) OUCH!!!

So here's to losing the gran-e-panti!!!!! Weight Watchers here I am!!!!
  • This is going to be my third go around with Weight Watchers. Each of the other two times I was really successful. The first time I lost 40+ pounds and kept it off for five years. I loved me at that weight. The second time, after gaining 30lbs, I lost it. And I was able to keep it off for a year but then I went into a really sedentary position and an old back injury reared it's ugly head. The meds and the lack of motivation caused me to gain 35lbs back and I'm five pounds short of my 2003 weight when I started the first time. Does all the math make sense??

So, here I am with a strong love of cupcakes, sugar and all things confectionary trying to make my brain realize that loving food is not going to give me the life I want. I can love the food all I want but I need to adjust my mindset that's not going to always love me. And, I have the mentallity that I need food to be social, as a reward and for anything that affects my emotions. Yeah, I have a food-centric life.

And the big bottom (ha ha cause I have one) line is that we'd like to start a family soon. I don't want to be preggo at 200+, I want to have a healthy pregnancy, especially for my back because it's going to be tested a lot because I'll be carrying the baby where my injury is (L4-L5).

That's me in a Nutshell!
  • I have been overweight my entire life. My weight has fluctuated since I was 10 years old.

I have tried a lot of diets. I have had success and failure. I have got to make a lifestyle change.

I am hoping weight watchers is the right fit for me.

I need support and encouragement.

amym
  • Hey guys! My name is Mae, I'm a 25 year old recent business graduate, and i have struggled with weight my entire life. I've tried certain things, but have never been able to stick to any "diet". I love food, and that's that. That's why I decided to try out WW. I'm ok with moderation, as long as I can still eat what I want (for the most part)

3 years ago, I could actually say that I was comfortable in my own skin. I was a size 11-12, but was shapped like Marilyn Monroe, and was very well proportioned. I felt great, and looked great. And then I went to school. Since then, I've gotten up to 200 lbs, and can only fit in size 16-17. To make matters worse, my spouse just recently admited to me that he was no longer attracted to me because of the weight gain. He loves me, and would never leave even if I were 600lbs; but it still hurts knowing that he no longer looks at me the same.

To me, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm dedicated to making this work, and to getting to a healthy and comfortable weight. My minimum goal is to get back down to a size 12, but long term goal is to at least get down to the single digits!

Thanks, and good luck to everyone on here!
  • Lifetime Member of WW since 1999... BUT...
    Hey y'all!

I'm Wendy, I've struggled with my weight since hitting puberty... even at 5'7", 125lbs in high school, I was "the fat kid"... REALLY?! Just how kids were with the whole "stick figure image", but unfortunately, that started me with constant problems of yo-yo dieting, etc for my whole life. In 1999 I had the greatest success at all when I hit reached lifetime membership with WW, right around my 25th birthday and this was well after both of my children were born. At that point my highest weight, which was when I started WW was 164, which - incidently - was also what I weighed when I gave birth to BOTH of my children.

Anhow, I digress. After a bunch of craziness, nursing school, troubled marriage, raising teens, I've been on a ton of ups and downs with my highest being at the end of nursing school in 2005 when I weighed 192. Well, I have recently gone back to attending Weight Watchers meetings at 185.6lbs, and I intend for this to be THE LAST TIME I go thru this. The only person who can do this is me, for me, by me... NO ONE ELSE!

I'm in Week two of my return and I already lost 5.4lbs my first week (water weight, no doubt), and I just found this forum yesterday and I truly believe with my new attitude, my return to Weight Watchers, and with my discovery of this supportive site... I WILL SUCCEED!

Good luck to you all!