WW General Forum Meet and Greet

You're on Page 24 of 25
Go to
  • My name is Keri. I am a single mom of 2 daughters, ages 16 and 19. Once I got divorced, my weight went way up. I have not been under 200 lbs in at least 10 years. That's hard for me, know that at 9 months pregnant with my first daughter I was only 124 lbs when I went into labor. I lost all the baby weight with both kids right away. Once I gained it all, I became less active, didn't want to go out in public, was made fun of by my husband at the time. I tried WW a few times, the online only. I would do good for a week or two then give up. This time I joined the meetings as well. That seems to really be helping me. I have been with WW for 11 weeks and I am down 12.2 lbs so far. 2.2 lbs away from ONEDERLAND!!! My first main goal was to be under 200 lbs by the 4th of July.... I am so close!!
  • Really am hurting at 318 pds but determined and need compassionate support
    08/28/2017

Dear Amazing people,

My name is Rebekah. I am 44. I weight 318 pounds and I want to lose 137 pounds to get to my weight goal of 180. I am here to offer and be supportive to others as well as asking for compassionate and empathetic, consistent support. I am an empath and a highly sensitive person myself. I am a writer but am poor and unemployed and looking to change my life.

I have fibromyalgia, insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian syndrome. I have struggled with my weight all of my life. I grew up as an adult child of an alcoholic with extreme emotional, physical and verbal abuse and other forms of neglect and abuse. I was made fun of in school as a fat kid and got bullied and even beaten up by BOYS just for being a smart kid who was overweight. It was a horrible time and then to have to come home to ****. Then, I starved myself and lost weight in 8th grade and I went down to 85 pds. I normalized to 120 pds in high school and stayed that way until my senior year of college. I was an athlete...a swimming and a cyclist...I graduated college in 1996. I am a survivor of domestic violence in which the guy tried to kill me and I survived. That was in 1998. Around that time when i got away from him, I weight about 170. I started gaining weight and eating from stress. By the time I met my husband in 1999, I was 220. In 2003, I found out I had Insulin Resistance. I then lost 110 pds on Weight Watchers and I was a great success, but when I started struggling on the program and gaining it back, the people in the town started shaming me about it. That was in New Hampshire. I am in Washington state now...and in a bigger city and better place. However, my doctor is unsupportive and a fat shamer and I do not want to get bariatric surgery as I have fibromyalgia and other health issues. I want to do it on my own. However, exercising is a deep struggle due to the chronic pain from my fibromyalgia. Because it is the "invisible illness" ...it is difficult for people to see and understand the excrutiating pain I can be in with it.

I commonly experience doctor lecturing me about my weight without helping me with the things i really need help with.

I am looking to change my entire life and I am a member of Weight Watchers, and I had success on the program as stated above, but now I am like the toucan fat person and I share and feel everyone stares with VERY LITTLE understanding of what it is like to be over 300 pounds.

I can eat fruits and vegetables, high protein and low carb and drink water ...but I struggle doing it b/c I struggle with consistency due to being unemployed and having sleep problems (have sleep apnea and a machine) and sometimes I only have one spoon out of ten and that is hard for others to understand as well.

I am reaching out to ask all of you for help and support. I am looking for ideas and support from other women about how to be successful on this journey.

Thank you for reading this in advance, and I cannot wait to hear from all of you.

Love and Peace, Rebekah
  • Quote: 08/28/2017

Dear Amazing people,

My name is Rebekah. I am 44. I weight 318 pounds and I want to lose 137 pounds to get to my weight goal of 180. I am here to offer and be supportive to others as well as asking for compassionate and empathetic, consistent support. I am an empath and a highly sensitive person myself. I am a writer but am poor and unemployed and looking to change my life.

I have fibromyalgia, insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian syndrome. I have struggled with my weight all of my life. I grew up as an adult child of an alcoholic with extreme emotional, physical and verbal abuse and other forms of neglect and abuse. I was made fun of in school as a fat kid and got bullied and even beaten up by BOYS just for being a smart kid who was overweight. It was a horrible time and then to have to come home to ****. Then, I starved myself and lost weight in 8th grade and I went down to 85 pds. I normalized to 120 pds in high school and stayed that way until my senior year of college. I was an athlete...a swimming and a cyclist...I graduated college in 1996. I am a survivor of domestic violence in which the guy tried to kill me and I survived. That was in 1998. Around that time when i got away from him, I weight about 170. I started gaining weight and eating from stress. By the time I met my husband in 1999, I was 220. In 2003, I found out I had Insulin Resistance. I then lost 110 pds on Weight Watchers and I was a great success, but when I started struggling on the program and gaining it back, the people in the town started shaming me about it. That was in New Hampshire. I am in Washington state now...and in a bigger city and better place. However, my doctor is unsupportive and a fat shamer and I do not want to get bariatric surgery as I have fibromyalgia and other health issues. I want to do it on my own. However, exercising is a deep struggle due to the chronic pain from my fibromyalgia. Because it is the "invisible illness" ...it is difficult for people to see and understand the excrutiating pain I can be in with it.

I commonly experience doctor lecturing me about my weight without helping me with the things i really need help with.

I am looking to change my entire life and I am a member of Weight Watchers, and I had success on the program as stated above, but now I am like the toucan fat person and I share and feel everyone stares with VERY LITTLE understanding of what it is like to be over 300 pounds.

I can eat fruits and vegetables, high protein and low carb and drink water ...but I struggle doing it b/c I struggle with consistency due to being unemployed and having sleep problems (have sleep apnea and a machine) and sometimes I only have one spoon out of ten and that is hard for others to understand as well.

I am reaching out to ask all of you for help and support. I am looking for ideas and support from other women about how to be successful on this journey.

Thank you for reading this in advance, and I cannot wait to hear from all of you.

Love and Peace, Rebekah
  • Hi I'm Zimmy! I signed up for WW yesterday and just officially started today. I was looking for some kind of community/forums (officially) but have only found the "Connect" thing so far. Just looking to make friends and network with people who are sharing the same journey!

I have about 25kgs to lose.
  • i new member looking around for solution for my obesity
  • greetings everyone
    I have restarted WW on June 1st and my goal is to lose about 50 Lbs (medical goal) and hopefully 10 more to my personal goal.
    I have had success losing weight before and I was 10 lbs shy of my medical goal a couple of years ago but family turmoil sent my stress levels up to new highs plus comfort foot happened. so I am basically back to square one again and not giving up!
  • Welcome Icie! Things have been a little slow on our Weight Watchers section but hopefully people will see your post and join in. Otherwise, you are welcome to join in the other thread, where people follow different eating plans but are able to offer support to each other along the way.
  • Hello! I’m Kat and I joined WW about two months ago but really just started fully about three weeks ago.

I live in Texas and have two grown children and a grandson and a granddaughter on the way. I work at home for an insurance company which has contributed to the extra pounds.

I have 35lbs to lose. I tracked my food intake before but limiting myself to 1200 was not working for me at all. I was always hungry and found myself binging and then just giving up after a few days. So far I’ve lost 5.6 real lbs.

The one thing I’m enjoying is seeing what foods I thought were healthy are actually 8-12 points! I found out the hard way though you have to be careful using the calculator because there is a lot of food that is input wrong in the app. Though it’s convenient when right I wish they wouldn’t allow others to put in food.

I also found that many sugar free foods are actually as good or better than the sugared version.
  • Greetings. I am a retired nurse and grandmother, would like to lose 20-30 lbs but would be glad to lose 10 for now!
    I joined WW on September 2017, lost 20 lbs by late February. Then had hip surgery and never got any more weight off. My plateau is trying to turn to gain ,God forbid.
    Also, I am new to this site and forums. Still need to learn to use it and finish profile items.
  • Hi! I've lurked on 3 Fat Chicks for years. I'm 66 years old, 60 pounds over weight. I've been a yo-yo dieter most of my life. Last big diet was 7 months on Medifast in the 1990s and I lost over 100 pounds. I was a drinker in those days and think the combination of a screwed up metabolism from a VLCD and health issues (hypothyroid) contributed to regaining it. A few years ago I lost about 35 pounds just by cutting back -- and it has stayed off for 3 years. But I stayed there.

Now I have added T2 Diabetes and high blood pressure to my health issues, and I'd like to live a long life which I won't if I don't lose the weight! I didn't want to do a gimic diet again, sure I'd lose the weight but it would come back on...

So Tuesday I started WW for 6 months on the Green Plan... So far, 2 days in, I'm down 1.2 pounds. I'm happy with that! I've been watching a ton of videos to learn tricks (like Protein Shakes for coffee) and so far so good.
  • Hi.. I am posting this in 2020
  • welcome everybody ,,
    My name is Basil, a new member in the forum. I am a 25 old graduate of the College of Pharmacy
    I love my job as I love to tell people everything I can ..
  • Helloooooo! Anyone around here? I am considering starting weight watchers...I need to lose about 15 pounds. 5’8 169 pounds and I hate it. I am my best around 150-155 as I lift weights and have some muscle. I turned 50 in October of 2020 and it seems the weight is so hard to get off now! I hope there are people on this thread still, I’d love some input.
  • Thanks
  • tips?
    can i get some tips weight lose.