Such a pretty face

• Have any of you ladies ever gotten the "you have such a pretty face" comment from others? I once had a much loved aunt, who by the way is also plus sized, say to me..."you have such a pretty face, if you'd loose about 50 lbs you could have any guy you want". I just let it drop.
    I think if I got that from anyone now I'd blast them right away!
  • Thats one of those comments you *think* about other people but not dare say. I haven't had that comment but my face probably isn't as pretty as yours.

I read something here yesterday that could handle this situation well. If you want to address it just say, "I think I am pretty now but I would like to be a healthier weight.." In all honesty I must also share with you that a real man, the kind of guy you want to attract, will care LESS about your weight and MORE about you!

In the area I live in, I have seen plenty of women come and go with certain men. I don't want the kind of guy that tosses me anytime I am not "looking" up to snuff. After all, if he thinks my weight is bad than what will happen if I should be diagnosed with breast cancer or be crippled in an accident? How will he handle it when our child faces struggles? Nope, don't want a fair weather guy!
  • Nope. I've never been complimented on my face. On the one hand, I wanna say, at least you don't get comments on your weight *and* nothing about a pretty face On the other hand, it's very rude for people to talk to you that way.
  • I get this all the time....and I always feel like their saying..."You have such a pretty face....BUT It's so frustrating! I can't wait until I have the pretty body to match my pretty face :P
  • I used to get that from my mom when I was much younger. As I never had an issue with having a man if I wanted one then I didn't much worry about it, however, it was a horrible thing to say and she hasn't said anything like that in a long long time now.

However nowadays and I being the smarta** that I am would probably reply with something like "wow, thanks, you don't have such a pretty face and unfortunately for you you don't even have a brain to make up for it so I guess you're just SOL, at least I am losing weight!"

But then, that's just me and I'm kinda mean sometimes........
  • Such a pretty face?
    I hate hearing this backhanded compliment! I always say "Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with the rest of me!"
  • I have had it said to me as well. I agree, it is a back handed compliment. I have come to realize that I am pretty all over, inside and out from head to toe and ppl who don't see that have bigger problems than offending me. I feel sorry for them and they need to grow up! And yes, at times I have wanted to say ( like a tee-shirt I saw once) "at least I can lose weight, you will still be ugly!" lol
  • Just yesterday I told a much older co-worker that I was dieting and exercising and she said, "oh, that's so good. Jay (her husband) said the other day 'she's so pretty, why is she letting herself gain all that weight?' "

I shrugged it off to her, but to me... just more motivational wood for the fire.
  • Unbelievable!
  • omg, if i had a dime for everytime someone told me that... well DAMN.. THANKS.. basically saying you have a pretty face but a sucky everything else.. thanks