OT - Hot or cold

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
View Poll Results: Do you brush with Hot water or cold water?
I brush with hot
8.62%
I brush with cold
68.97%
Lukewarm for me
22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll
  • So over the weekend a friend mentioned that she brushed her teeth with hot water!?! I have always brushed mine with cold. So I am curious how many people use hot?
  • I put in mine for cold, but my husband brushes with hot! So weird to me...
    BUT I do have an odd love for ice cold water.
  • my teeth are too sensitive to brush with cold water, so i have to use warmish hottish water
  • Never occurred to me to use hot. I just use the cold tap.
  • I rinse my toothbrush in hot to kill germs, but the wetting it before brushing part is with cold water.
  • I brush with cold...never heard of brushing with hot LOL
  • I brush in cold and rinse the brush in hot.
  • I just turn the tap on, whereever it's set, and wet my brush. Then turn it off and brush. Turn it back on, rinse my mouth and rinse the brush. I don't really pay attention to the temperature of the water. Just as long as it's wet!
  • I always brush with cold
  • I've been brushing my teeth in the shower since I was like, 10. So it's hot water for me. On the odd occasion when my brush my teeth at the sink, I guess I usually use cold, never really thought about it, and the sensation is always strange.

Btw, I don't store the toothbrush in the shower, it's in the medicine cabinet like normal people.
  • Interesting... I thought everybody but me used cold water! I used to use cold, but switched to hot for some reason.
  • Cold here! Never thought to do it any other way!
  • warmish as cold hurts my teeth.
  • sensitive teeth over here so warmish
  • I used to brush with cold water. Now because my teeth are super sensitive, luke warm. I think I'll try hot water tonight and see how that feels.