CC Labor Day Challenge!

You're on Page 10 of 25
Go to
  • Chele, hope you're feeling better soon!

Just a flyby peeps, as I have to go skating in about 15 mins..ack! Got a new low on the scale today: 166.8! Got to try some strongman lifting today, which was great fun. My trainer said I can do more of that, now that I know I like it.

Tam, congrats on the progress! Good luck with the weekend!

Everybody else, !
  • Well, I decided I am going to hop on board now that I am done celebrating my new Onederland status. I have somehow managed to lose 3 more lbs while eating on more of a maintenance level. I have only been making it to the gym about 4 or 5 times a week lately. Which is honestly much more manageable, but I am worried I am slacking off too much going from sometimes 2 a days 6-7 days a week.

Anyway, my goals are to get to 180 and/or a size 12. I want to be able to lose on 1500 6 days a week and eat on a maintenance level 1 day a week. I am also going back to logging all my calories on tdp. 5 days a week of cardio and 3 days of strength training.
  • HI! I was reading over all of your posts and this seems like a very supportive/motivating thread. I have a (almost) 6 month old and have decided that it's time for me to start counting the calories because this nursing thing just isn't doing it for me. So, in an effort to get serious, I want to make some goals.

*Actually be aware of the calories I am eating and keep a record.
    *Lose 5 pounds (I have to eat at least 1800 cal a day to bfeed).
    *Exercise on a more consistent basis and do yoga more often.

I think that's enough to start with. I don't want my goals to seem too overwhelming for me. I look forward to being part of this challenge and having such a great support system!
  • Hi!

Just wanted to say Hi to linds, and those are great goals! This *is* a very supportive and motivating thread.

I've lost another .5 lbs. as of this morning! 4.5 pounds down, 8 more to go! So far today, exercise has been pretty good. Got my 60 minutes in for the day. Actually, slightly more... and all before 6 a.m. I think...? I'm odd, I have insomnia.

Yesterday was my niece's pirate-themed birthday party! She said she "loved her pirate birthday party" It was great. I think she liked her Play Doh set best, out of all of her presents.

Grr... gotta go help my dad out!

MrsLovett
  • Hello everyone. I've missed the last few challenges, being overly swamped by DS's wedding preparations. The wedding was last weekend and I'm ready to start again. I'm on holidays now but I have my trusty laptop with me so there will be no excuse not to count calories. So my goal for this challenge (albeit a late) is to keep track of calories and eventually get some exercise in. (I've hurt my back but it's on the mend.) Must go conjure up fitday again. I'll try and post regularly, also.
  • Hello Everyone~been a long few days~I ended up in the emergency room on friday (ithink) my days are a bit confused I am still weak Anyways, I was woke up in the middle of the night with extreme stomach pain/Then throwing up about 10 minutes later several times....I was in Horrible pain and bad breathing...I was told I had the flu more than likely and gave i.v. treatments. but Also told that I had low hemogloben levels and to tell my doctor to have this checked again at my upcoming appointment tommorrow....So thats kinda freaking me out....I feel like crap.
    My hair is coming out pretty bad today~Not like balding but enough to notice horibbly~it's making me feel so dang ugly & my stomach is out like I am pregnant~Not cute on me.(and no chance of that ~my tubes are tied and blood work was done)
    I am sooooooooo close to my main goal and now this stuff is come to make me feel like crap~I am gonna go lay down...I am soooo tired...I can not even exercise because I am so weak. Sorry to complain on here But
    Thanks for listening everyone.
    I think I am just scared to know end because I have this dang anxiety disorder that causes me to freak out worse than others might when things go wrong.
    Plus my hubby is having to totally tend to the kids~poor Guy.(he is great about it though)

Hopefully next time I post I will have Better news or at least be feeling better.
    I am down to 188.4~And nearly 2/3 of the way to my main goal but just do not feel like celebrating that fact.
    maybe just keep me in your prayers everyone...I am feely really bad.
  • Mind if I join you all? I love the idea of a challenge! I've read your posts and you all are doing great!

My goals will be:
    • Work up to 1 hour/day on treadmill.
    • Drink 8 glasses of water/day. (This is super difficult for me.)
    • Maintain food journal faithfully.

I'm into my second week of counting calories, and I make low fat food selections when when possible, and I've lost 6.5 pounds (couldn't figure out how to get my ticker to do half pounds).

I've honestly tried every "diet" out there and found that they all pretty much work IF you stick to them. LOL!

But, I also have learned that the basic foundation of most of them is counting calories. They just come up with a catchy name or marketing angle to promote it. And, many of them do the work for you ... the counting, planning, preparation, etc.

I finally realized that I'm bright enough to do that on my own and don't need to pay someone to do it for me. So, here I am - back to basics ... counting calories, exercising and making healthy food choices.

Thanks for letting me join you on this journey!!

---

Lori - Hope you feel better soon!
  • Lori....I hope that you start to feel better soon and that your hemoglobin comes out ok at your next appointment. That sounds scary!!!! Definitely keep us updated!!!

I absolutely kicked butt at the gym this week, going everyday except for yesterday and doing an hour a day there. I feel like I have been eating well, with good decisions. I splurged one day with a hot fudge sundae, but I had worked out at the gym intensely and had a low calorie day up to that point, so I figured it would all work out in the end.

So, I weighed in today and I am still standing strong at 195. With the exception of two weeks ago when the scale whooshed down to 192, I have been stuck at 195 since mid April! I can't help it.....I AM GETTING SO FRUSTRATED!!!! Seriously, what am I doing wrong?
  • you know your diets not going well when you start a Harry Potter thread!!!
  • Lori - Gentle hugs your way, I hope you're feeling better soon

My scales decided to die on me this week, I think it's just that the battery has run down so I'm waiting for some of those to arrive - should have an updated weight for next week. I'm only panicking a little bit without it...
    *headdesk*

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about my progress - yesterday was my "cheat" (i.e. eating at maintenance) day, and it felt like an obscene amount of calories.
    Back to calorie counting today, which feels pretty good - I like the routine, not having meals planned now feels a bit strange.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Chele - You've done great on your weight loss! I was just wondering - when you've lost as much as you have and if you find that you've plateaued, do you do like when you were starting out and decrease your daily calories by 100 until you reach a point where you're losing again? I'm just guessing, since I'm obviously not an expert at this .. but, it's something that crossed my mind and I was just curious about it.
  • Up after a nice nap & lots of extra resting~my hubby & kids are the greatest....Taking care of me and each other...Anyways Thanks everyone.
    I go to my doctor 2morrow so hopefully he can figure me out and get me back on track & back to good & healthy.
    I will let ya'll know how it goes.
    Proboly will be test I have to wait for the results...UGH...But At least it's a start.

Anyways~sorry to drag it all into my post but I was scared and Really sick.
    Ya'll are super also...Like my family.
    THANKS GUYS!

p.s. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • Lori, glad to hear you are feeling better. That must have been scary!

I went for a hike yesterday. And swam and biked on Saturday. And the scale is still where it was 10 days ago. (it actually went up for a bit in there, and is back down this morning.)

I'm going to up my weight training and try to get a couple of bike rides in this week.

I know my muscles are getting stronger, I can feel it, but I really would like the scale to move, too.
  • Hope all is well, Lori and that you're better soon.

And welcome to TexasLoser, you've got some good plans there.

Okay, 2 weeks down and 4 lbs lost. Super cool. I'm happy

Goals for the week are to continue with what I'm doing, eating at a deficit and easy exercise.

I have a doctor's appointment today to talk about the possibility of fibromyalgia. It would sure answer a lot of my questions/problems/issues.
  • went to the doctor today and he placed me on a multi-vitamin.I guess to see if I feel better from that ~Who knows?
    And set me up for an appointment with a dermatologist for the hair loss(not until december~That seems like a long time to wait.Since I feel hideous at moment! Its not horrible but by December it may be! I already have to brush my hair another way to hide the super thinning spots~YUCK! I am so depressed about all of it.

Anyways~I am still gonna lose this weight regardless~Maybe I will be a hot, skinny , Bald Momma In december for my 34th birthday and my appointment.
    LOL! UGH~What a day.
    Anyways~I am 9 lbs from my challenge goal so hopefully I get the rest of them pounds off~since I am so sick the last few days I have been not doing so much because I feel to weak to ...But I am doing as much as I can.

...................I guess I can always wear a wig if it comes down to it.
    So no biggie ..I guess...I must stay positive.