Goals for the Month of July?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • By the end of this month, I'd love to lose 12.4 pounds. While this may seem like a lot, I'm doing a ton of walking now and I think this is attainable. I'm sort of putting this out there publicly so I can work hard to achieve it.

Why 12.4 pounds you ask? (or if you didn't ask, I'll tell you anyway). Well, back in 2003 I got down to 283. I remember that as being the lowest weight I've ever achieved. This month, I have a chance of getting back there again.

So, what are your goals this month?
  • Wow, Matt. Good for you. I hope you can do it!

I'm scared to death of July. We're supposed to go camping in the Rockies and I have no idea how to deal with the food issues. I do hope to do a LOT of hiking--I can't wait for that--but the food thing--usually tons of starchy carbs--has me a bit freaked. So, all in all, I'll be very happy not to lose any ground. (I'll start a post about it later.)
  • To lose 10 lbs this month
    To exercise at least 4 days out of every week
    To have my gall bladder surgery
  • July Goals
    1.Exercise at least 5x's/ per week
    2.Drink at least 50 oz water/per day
    3.Continue to declutter house until done
    4.Stay on plan w/calories
    5. Get hair cut & try a new color
  • My goals are to lose 2 pounds a week, exercise at least 5 days, be able to fit into a size 12 pair of jeans by the end of the month!!!!
  • I like this post. It is great to see your goals.

After a pretty bad June my goals for July are simple:

1-
    Stay on my plan that I outlined in the July Points challenge
    Food: 1500 calories per day max
    Exercise: 7500 steps or 60 minutes of additional exercise
    Water: 64 oz

My goal is to get the maximum 4 points per day every day except the 4 days that I am taking care of my mother-in-law. Getting all the exercise in those days is very difficult, so I will cut myself some slack and be happy with however much exercise I can get. Those days are a little scary to me because taking care of DMIL is a big part of what threw June off but 4 days will be much better than 2 weeks.

2- My standard monthly goal of losing at least 5 pounds. That may not sound like much to those of you who can lose 10+ a month but I will stay happy if I can get my 5 pounds. June was the first month that I did not make that goal but I remind myself that most months I lost more than 5 so it all averages out.

3- Lose the label of "morbidly obese". Now that is a huge one to me and you WILL hear from me when that happens!
  • Continue to walk the dog everyday and stay away from junk.
    Eat a lot more fruit and vegetables!
    Paint the basement, kitchen and DD#2 room
    Celebrate my 18th wedding anniversary! (Well, that's not really a goal, I mean the date is coming, not like I have to work to get there. But of course, we've had to work to get there )
  • Sounds good Matt and VERY doable. Goodluck!

My goals for the month, are lose 10lbs and reach ONEderland before the 15th, which is my birthday.
  • Quote: Lose the label of "morbidly obese". Now that is a huge one to me and you WILL hear from me when that happens!
    Woo hoo! Can't wait to hear about it!
  • Continue with my bike training program (sucky rain, its freaking black out there right now )

Keep my food clean

Reach onederland
  • Well, my dream goal would be 169lbs but realistically I'll say 172.8.
    I'm 177.8 today but have just had a huge whoosh, so expect to have to struggle to keep it over the next few days.
  • Goal #1
    Get over being depressed and ansey at work

Goal #2
    Lose 10 more pounds

Goal #3
    Just keep going....
  • 16lbs.
  • To loose 4 pounds to reach onderland!!!!
  • Quote: To loose 4 pounds to reach onderland!!!!
    You are the second poster in this thread close to Onderland! Awesome .

A few weeks ago, I was so happy to reach Twoderville