Featherweights Plan and Chat in July

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Good morning!
    Happy Canada Day!
    Happy July!

What's up for July gals? Robsia has her goals set. What are the rest of us up to?
  • July is going a fun busy month for me all the more reason to be vigilant with food and workouts...
  • SusanB, aren't you usually a very early poster?? I have been checking for this thread

today's weight 127. grr.
    that is directly related to my noshing around all day (but at least not all night also) to the tune of around 2250ish cals. (again, at least I charted the calories.)

back to the basics, right?
  • Ah! But I'm on evenings this week so I didn't get up until after 9 o'clock! How delightfully decadent
  • Hi all! I'm still here. I guess you can say I maintained for most of June. Not terrible but I'd like to lose 10 more pounds. So, for July, my goal is to make it into the 130s, any number with 13* would be great. Not sure what I have to do get there but I'll keep on trying.
  • Me too! 130 ... anything, would be great!
  • Couldn't weigh-in this morning battery went dead in the scale, tomorrow I will weigh-in...

It feels so weird, it feels like Monday to me because yesterday we were off ....

Yesterday wasn't great foodwise, I ate way to many carbs, althought they were unprocessed, too carby of a day for me... but on the upside I jogged for 50 mins and biked for about 45, stopping here and there to visit friends, I was gone for about 3 hours though ...

I need to go pretend to work... TTFN
  • I am blessing those decimals again this morning. I also discovered that my glasses weigh nothing Can you say 'desperate to see movement on the scale" ???
  • well SusanB, sometimes I've even tried to wear off my (tiny!) earrings to see the scale moving!

I'm actually ill, I got high fever and tonsillitis... awful! But someome would say it's not so bad I can't talk

So the weight dropped down amazingly (5 lb in 2 days!), but I've decided not to move the ticker because I know is temporary... anyway, I'm sloooowly getting close to goal, YEAH! (I've already lost 1lb the day before getting ill )

I'm just a little worried because on Monday (if I, as planned, can get a recovery) I'm leaving for a two-weeks vacation... great, yes... but it's kind of WILD, a sort of camping... a lot of movement yes, but I will not able to choose or control what they give us to eat, nor will I have a scale, GOSH!
    But of course, I will still be able to choose what goes into my mouth
    just worried that with all that movement I will be very hungry, and the options would not be too healthy, or foodwise... let's see!

Anyway I think it will be good for me to stay two weeks without a scale... mmhh.. even if it sounds scaring!!
  • Hi Feathers!
    My evening ended with an off plan I will just eat the kids left over camp samdwich-- had calories for it-- then added a yogurt/cottage cheese snack-- which I wasn't reaaaly hungry for, just noshy.

All in all my scale bounced from 126 to 126.5 and stayed at 126.0. So I'm guessing somewhere in the middle as I have .5 increments only. It is back in the right direction.

I'm gearing up for the holiday weekend. We are going into the sticks, so no internet access. My plan is to physically write every bite, not just a head tally. I am going hard-core chicks!!

Have a nice weekend, see you on Monday am
  • Good morning!

I didn't update my ticker yesterday but I did go for a nice walk to get the mail and some fresh fruit for my lunch.

And yes, I'm still appreciating those decimals today.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. It's my only day off so probably housework with intermittent elliptical and napping
  • Hi everyone - I'm newish here! I just started "dieting" (portion control, substitutions, dailyplate) two weeks ago, and my Taylor body fat scale from Target has been telling me bizarre things. It tells me that I lost 6 pounds, my water % went up a little over 1%, and my body fat went down 3%. Is that even possible in 2 weeks for a featherweight?! In addition, my inches haven't budged - a 1/4" off each thigh but that can't equal 6 pounds!! I'm trying to rationalize this... THANKS!!!
  • Good morning!

Hi minitwinkie ... sure it can happen (or seem to happen) The vagarities of our bodies, our scales ... Keep going. You'll soon see a pattern that is more reliable.

My only weekend faux pas yesterday was an extra helping of potato salad and a lite beer. We did go for a nice little walk. I should be able to do at least that well today.
  • just few lines to say "BYEE"
    to you all!

I'm going on holiday for two weeks... as I wrote earlier, I hope not to fall OP since I won't be able to choose ANY of the foods (it's a kind of organized camping)... but I will still be able to choose what goes into my mouth (hopefully!). Let's take it as a challenge!

I will surely be back on track here when I come back!
    Have a nice mid-July and see you soon, Featherweights
  • For the most part I am doing well. Exercise is good and food is OP except that I seem to have a bad case of munchies especially with chips. Chips are such a trigger for me, they probaly need to be banned from my house. I think I need to start strictly counting calories to make sure I am eating enough for my activity level, perhaps this is why I am always looking to eat more after I eat.

We went to a carnival yesterday and I ate some pretty disgusting and greasy foods. I have been sick all night and this morning. Hopefully once it leaves my system I will feel better and it is not a stomach virus. Maybe this will bump me to the 130's at least for a day. Not a recommended method.