July Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 8 of 39
Go to
  • Welcome to July!!

It's my favorite month of the year and I'm looking forward to it with great anticipation. My family leaves in 2 days for a 10 day vacation, so my first challenge will be to eat OP "on the road", then to not overeat or make bad choices during the time we're in MO.
    The incredibly cool but challenging thing is...it's my whole family getting together (20 of us total)-my brothers, sister and their families, parents, and grandparents. It is going to be AWESOME!!!! It could be easy to fall back into old family habits of hanging out and snacking on whatever, but I'm ready for it. I'm SO, SO excited! My bros live in CA, so I rarely see them and their families. Also, don't laugh, but I am totally packing my scale this time. I need to check up on myself and not let it get out of hand if I do slip up.
    On another note, I have started the month out well with a little drop this morning. I'm about to give the 150's a run for their money! Yay!!
  • Hiya ladies! Is everyone ready for a brand spankin' new month? Yeah baby!!!

MsP ~ aww, thanks hun! You're so sweet! Hey, you're going to be on the road like me! I hear ya on needing to stay OP on the road! I bet you and your family are going to have a blast! And I totally understand packing your scale! I'll be weighing in on my dad's scale next week--we'll see how close to mine it is. I won't pack mine though--hubby would think I have a screw loose!

FSA ~ I'm thrilled to death! I have been nagging her for a couple of weeks now and I was worried she'd ground me if I didn't shut up. Seriously though, so fun to have her here! Thank you so much for figuring out the group loss--I was totally curious! Wow! That's just amazing isn't it? Wow!!

Jacqui~ soo...I'm anxiously waiting for post today! Last month we both started the month with a loss and in hindsight--we probably should have counted it! I mean, we woke up a lb lighter on the first day of the challenge, so doesn't that mean it's a loss? Yeah, I think so!

Looking~ ditto what everyone else said! No need to avoid us hun, we're not gunna judge you! Trust me, I've been there soooo many times I can't even count! Glad you're back and if you need us, just holler!

Mom~ (sorry ladies, I have to call her by her Real Name ) Once again, I'm so glad you decided to join this group--you're going to love these ladies! Can you believe how much weight the group lost last month?! 105 lbs!!! That's Kayla! (well, I dunno, maybe not, but it's pretty close right? ) And I know for a fact that I wouldn't have been able to keep going without them. Lastly, give yourself the credit you deserve--I wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for you.

Shari~ hun, don't fret about the personals! Last week I barely had time to post let alone do personals and no one held it against me! In fact, I bet they were happy to get a break from my mouthy self! All that matters is that you're here!

Gekster~ Hey hun! I'm jealous of you new sandals! I think that your reward envelopes are such a great idea! Maybe I should do something like that for hubby to get him motivated!

Velveteen~ I have no doubt you'll make your goal hun! Glad to have you back for another month!

Ruby
    ~ it's never too late to join in the fun! You're going to love these ladies!

Delphi~ Darth Scale is victor no more!!! You showed him who's boss!! And heck ya, it totally counts! Like I told Jacqui, it's a new month! We went to bed last night with our start weight for July tucked safely under our belt--You're down 2 lbs girlie!!! Yee haw! Yeah, my mom is a purgin' machine too, so you better watch out! Mwahaha!

Susie
    ~ so glad you hear your blues are gone! What a great way to start off a new month!

Cake~ sorry to hear about the insomnia--that stinks! Don't fret the cereal, I'm sure in the grand scheme of things it won't amount to much.

Blondie~ glad to hear things are going well with your job! Take it easy and tell TOM to kiss it!

Cami~ It's easy peasy, you just set a weigth loss goal or any other goal you want (like mine includes eating more veggies, trying out new recipes) and then you set an exercise goal that goes on our sister thread. Next, you post whenever you want/can and chat, laugh and update us on your progress, etc. You'll love this group, they're insanely supportive and fun!

Okay girlies! I didn't wake up as early as I had wanted (a bit of insomnia here too and a restless toddler to boot), but I got my work out in and all is good! The Scale Gods are smiling on me and blessed me with a flat 160 this morning! Down .8 lbs already and I'm soooo close to the 150's I can barely stand it! I've hit a new milestone too--40 lbs down from my high point in January!

I need your help girls! It just occurred to me that I'm going to be in a car for 4 days next week. I've already told hubby that there'll be no fast food and I'll be packing sandwich stuff for the kids. However, now I'm freaking out because I don't know what to bring for me! You all know I rely heavily on my frozen low cal meals for lunch (I should really make a goal about weaning myself from them), so what am I gunna do? What do you ladies have for lunch? And what type of snacks should I bring? I get so bored on long trips and I tend to munch...must not succumb to the old ways!!! I'd love any suggestions you can throw at me girls!!

Alrighty, well, the pantry is calling me! Have a fantastic day girls and as always, be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!
  • Good Morning all you wonderful ladies!!!! HAPPY JULY 1st!!!
    I know I have to post a goal, but I am so lost as to this month. I did lose 6.5 pounds this month, but now after my workouts at the lake this weekend (I am so sore, I can hardly move) and TOM looming I am back up to 205.5. I know it is mostly water, because 4 pounds in 2 days? I don't think so, and also, because my rings are tight.....hmmmmmmm?????
    OK, My July goal is gonna be, drink 64oz of water every day, and lose 8 pounds which will put me safely in onederland (197.5). Now I feel much better that my goal is set.

CamiToo- There are no set rules around here. You just state your goal, it magically appears on the list (thanks to Jaqui_D), and then you work like heck to make it happen. Post as much as youl like, let us know how it is going. At the end of the month, if you have reached your goal, it will turn RED!!!!! Good luck! oh we also have the July exercise challenge you can join if you are interested.

Delphi-all I can tell you is that I hate lunges!!!!!!!! I am more likely to do squats, plie`, or the hold up the wall thing. Good luck on your pantry olympics today! I am rooting for ya Girl!

Blondie-good to hear you are happy with your new job! I hear ya on the TOM thing. At least we will get him overwith early in the month!!!!!!!!!

Susiemartin-Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!!! Nothing like a new month to renew your motivations. good luck chickie! WE can Kick July's Butt!!!!!

Cakebatter-HEY YOU!!!!!! I wish your picture was bigger, You look sooooo tiny!!!!! I am jealous! You must be rockin' the 5k runs! We have really missed you, and are so glad you are back!

Fullsteamahead
    -Hey girl, Let's rock this month! I am all the sudden feeling a renewed spirit. Your little Pom is sooo sweet! You gotta get those pictures of YOur Morning glories up!!!!! My garden is outta control. I think my canteloupe is nearing ripeness, I am soooooo excited!!!! You should come by for a slice mmmmmmm!!!!

Ok girls, I just want to tell you all that your kids are so beautiful, and precious! I can't tell you how much I admire Mothers! You all are a bunch of unsung hero's!!!

I am off to do my workout, and maybe some gardening before it gets hot!
  • Okay, I woke up early this morning so I am back on track. I've been slacking off and sleeping in which makes it harder for me to get those workouts in just because of lack of motivation. But I'm up so the hard part is over. The scale is up a little bit to 285.7, so that will be my starting weight for July, not too bad.

CMo4- The envelopes have been great because of the motivation, but it also lets the BF know where I am without it getting too much for him hearing about every little fluctuation.

Susiemartin- No worries, there are plenty of people I read about but don't comment on. Its all good.

Delphi- You are so close to onderland!! You will totally be there by your birthday! My weekend was good, I was mostly OP and even managed to get in a workout on saturday while the inlaws were still sleeping.
  • I'm joining too!
    My goal for July is to just be less than I am today. Today I am 277.6.To lose as much,as I could.
  • Happy first of July everyone!

Good luck with all your challenges!

Jess x
  • Well, since this is my first day of the rest of my life I plan on getting starting. I want to lower the amount of bad carbs I'm eating. Increase my vegetables. I get alot of exercise so I'll just maintain that for right now..I really need to work on what I put into my mouth. LOL I hope to lose ten pounds this month since it's my first month I expect a water weight loss.
  • Delphi -
    No horses here - used to have them about 15 years ago.
    I don't have time to ride and keeping horses can be a money hole
    We don't have lots of money so the animals on our farm have to earn their keep, and horses can't really do that for us.

I don't feel like my 100% cheery self but I do feel much better today.
    I think all the kind words from all of you helped a lot

The truth be told, I have used food & eating for many years as a way to deal with some of my personal problems.
    Now that I'm not stuffing my face I have to deal with reality and that's not always pleasant for me.

I going to take some of the suggestions from yesterday to heart and baby myself for awhile.
    In fact I'm going out today to treat myself to something - I'm not sure what - but it won't be food
  • July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
    Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
    NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
    Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
    LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
    Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
    Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
    Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
    Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
    JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
    Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
    Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
    Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
    Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
    Linzluv: Lose 15 lbs
    Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
    Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
    Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
    Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
    Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
    CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
    JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
    Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
    Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
    VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
    SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
    Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
    Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
    Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
    TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
    Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
    Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
    Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
    Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
    Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
    JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
    Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
    Blondie32: (Goals to be announced)
    CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
    LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
    Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
    SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
  • My goodness, you girls are already chatting up a storm! I've already missed a page with the list this morning, lol! So I posted it on this page really quick and now I'm going to go back and add the new people to it!

I'm back!! DONE on the weight loss goals! Now I have to go add the exercise goals to that list! I'll be back to do personals!! It's too bad all this running around doesn't burn calories!

I'm back again!! DONE on the exercise goals!! Now for the weight loss thread personals and then I'll go back and do the exercise thread personals, lol!
  • Ruby!! I've added your weight loss goals to the list on this thread and your exercise goals to the list on the July Exercise Challenge thread! Good to have you! Good luck!

CamiToo!! There's no wrong way to do it! But I will say, the more you check in and post, the more accountable you'll feel to work toward your goal! We have GREAT bunch of ladies, and they are very chatty chicks, lol! Everyone is so supportive here! I've added to you to the list, and we are glad to have you! Good luck!

Tracy! I've added you to the list! Good to have you and good luck!

SteelersGirlie!! I've added your weight loss goals here and your maintain exercise goal on the July Exercise Challenge thread! Good to have you! Good luck!

Looking, good to see you!

Late_to_the_Game (LTTG), yes, Sandye is pretty wonderful on her own, and I'm not just saying that because she wields a rolling pin , but I have no doubt she is wonderful because you modeled it for her! We are just so glad you're joining us!

FSA, that total of lbs lost is awesome!! Woohoo!! Thank you for adding it up and posting it!!

Shari, I've added your exercise goal to the July exercise thread! And you can see that I've included your "no pigging out" wedding goal here, lol! That's right! It's on the list! It's official!

Velveteen, I just know you're going to reach 85kg this month!!

Delphi, yes, your weight loss counts! As keeper of the goals, I'm making it official, lol! Your starting weight is what you weighed at 11:59 p.m. yesterday, and today, as Day 1, begins your weight loss for the month! CMof4 and I both got caught with that dilemma last month and didn't give ourselves credit for it, but I've had the month to mull it over and I realize we both lost that 1st lb on the first day of June, so it should have counted! And now it looks like she and I and you are starting this month off the same way! So this time, we're going to do it right! So yes, weight loss on the first day of the month counts toward that month! So CONGRATS on the 2 lbs down!! About the lunges, it's just the l-o-n-g legs! I have a 34" inseam and a very short waist and it's hard for me even to touch my toes when I am completely stretched out! Just remember to keep your knee directly over your foot in front, (don't let it move out in front of your foot) and then concentrate on dropping your back knee. If you have to, to keep from slipping, prop your back heel against a wall or couch or something.

Susie, I am SO glad you're feeling better and that you are going to treat yourself to something good!! You deserve it!

Cake, can you do some arm exercises instead? Could that take a few calories off without tiring you for the upcoming race? But stay away from that late night snacking, girlie!! Drink water!!!

Blondie, did I miss your goals? If I did, I am so sorry! Sometimes it gets hectic, lol! Of course, if you just haven't set them yet, that's fine!! Either way, when you get a chance, could you post them for me, so that I can add them to the list? Thanks sweetie!

Ms_P: Congrats on the drop!! Isn't that a great way to start the month! And as I was telling Delphi above, that counts toward this month! That's not your starting weight! That's a first weight loss for the month! Your family get-together sounds SO fun! I'm happy for you! And good for you taking your scale! I think that's a great idea!! I just know when you come back, you are going to tell us good things about how well you stayed OP! This is your month, chickie!

CMof4, congrats on 160 lbs, girlie! And yes, that weight loss counts toward the month's goal!! Yes it does!! It should have last month and I'm now I'm making it official! So good for you starting the month off with a loss!! You and Ms_P are about to be in the 150s!!! Don't fret about your car lunches. Just get the lowest cal whole grain bread you can find and some lean meats like turkey or chicken and LOTS of lettuce and tomato and fat free Miracle Whip (if you like mayos--just 15 cal for a tablespoon). Or get all natural peanut butter and sugar free jelly (Smart Balance has all natural PB that doesn't have to be refrigerated) and make sandwiches. Then pack fruit and nuts for sides and snacks. And you are set!

Lewis, definitely, that 4 lbs is water. That's what happened with me with my 3 lbs in a day! You'll shed that easy! I hope your soreness goes away soon! That sounded like quite a workout!

Gekster, good for you getting back on schedule! I know that when I wake up early, I feel like the whole day goes better.

Hi Jellybellyjess! Good to see you checking in on this first day! That's a great start! Yay!

Ladies, like Delphi, CMof4, and Ms_P, I am starting the month off with a loss!! Woohoo! So my starting weight (as of 11:59 p.m. yesterday) was 182 lbs and today I am 181 lbs!!
  • Jacqui ~ on the loss. Oh my you are soooooo close. I'm rootin' for ya. Oh and that is great news about counting the loss from day one. Seems fair enough. I know you are being run ragged with the end of June and start of July, so just let me say thank you and I appreciate you keeping up with it. You're a peach dear!

MsP ~ Wow that sounds like you all are gonna have a great time. Relax and have fun and simply enjoy it. Just be mindful of portions and you should be just fine.

Susie ~ First of all, you are adorable. The first thing I noticed when I scrolled down the page was your picture. Shame on you for being all dumpy on yourself...You are sooooooo BEAUTIFUL! Oh and that's great you are gonna do some things for yourself...you so deserve it.

Steelers, Cammitoo, and Tracy ~ and yes if you subscribe to this thread, believe me your email box will be full at the end of the day. Very active bunch of awesome ladies here.

jess ~ Yup, we are off to a great start and so are you kiddo.

LE ~ Yaaaaa! You are so gonna hit some ONEderland come the end of TOM. I think since we are so close, we should meet up at goal and like go to the beach or waterpark in our bikini's ..what cha think? I'm so proud of you Le. Your endurance never ceases to amaze me and even if you have a bad day or two, you ALWAYS get back on the horse. Just know, that your awesome sweetie..

Gekster ~ That's great girly! I want this for you sooooo bad. I pushin' for ya to make those goals and I'm gonna stay on top of you on the weekends, so you have been forewarned.

Sandye/crazymomma/yoda
    / ~ What's up girlfriend? Well, I have managed to clean the bathroom spotless, sweep and mop my floors, run a few errands, rode on a shopping cart in walmart, got one of three workouts in, and sang we are the champions in the shower... Oh and and on the loss. You are ever so close and will see it soon darling. You deserve it. So anywho, you have yourself a groovy day. Oh are you guys any where near Holiday World or Splashin' Safari? Oh the snacks. If it's only four hours, then I am assuming you are bringing a cooler. bring ya some yogurt or string cheese and make some pre prepared wraps..wheat tortilla with some chicken or steak on them...you can't go wrong with apple slices either...and one of those mini peanut butter packs to use with the apples.
  • Lewisempire - I am going to put up a bigger picture. Sorry it is so tiny. I am have been doing pretty well with my 5ks. I have an 8k for the 4th. I like your new pic.

Crazymama - When I go on long road trips I take a cooler so I put cut fruit in containers and keep it cold. I bring snack that are whole-grain like all-bran fiber crackers. We usually make a stop at subway because that is as close to fast food as I am getting. Grapes and berries are good. Also you could make smoothies and freeze them. Keep one out to thaw while driving and have the other in the cooler. That one will that much more slowly and will last longer for later.

Jacqui - I know...... I NEVER late night snack but I was awake so long my body thought it was time for another meal...lol. WTG on your loss great job!

Delphi - I hate lunges too. they are awful....but what a cute butt you get out the deal. same with push-ups but my arms are looking great. so I guess we will keep on doing them

Gekster - GJ on getting up and getting a move on things. I took notice that on the weekends the later I stay in the lazier I become. Go figure. But if get up BEFORE 9 I am all pumped to workout and clean house. weird.

Steelers - I hope as in "STEELERS FOOTBALL" I am football fanatic but I am a steelers fan first. When sunday gametime goes away I always haev to rebuild my life to take up the 6-9 hrs of football I am usually watching....WELCOME TO THE GROUP!

Well I have decided to eat a tuna sandwich for dinner and take a nice slow stroll around a nearby trail. I love tuna and it is low in points. SO I got it all figured out.
  • Yep, Delphi and to all our ladies, the way I figure it and I'm sure FSA agrees, the July 1 weigh-in can go either way if you woke up and you've lost weight. Who knows when you really dropped the weight during that night between the last day of the month and the first day of the next month? So I say if a person wants to count that loss toward their last month's goal to hit goal, then that's legit, but if the person wants to count it toward their first weight loss of the new month, that's legit too! No double-dipping of course, but either one of those scenerios is valid!
  • Cake, way to plan your meals out!! That will definitely keep you within your points! Good job!