July Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 6 of 39
Go to
  • I would like to join in also. I'm shooting for 5 lbs for the month, workout at Cuvers 3 days a week and 48 oz. water per day.

Susan
  • July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
    Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
    NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
    Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
    LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
    Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
    Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
    Delphi: Reach ONEderland; lose 10 lbs
    Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
    JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
    Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
    Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
    Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
    Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
    Linzluv: Lose 15 lbs
    Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
    Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
    Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
    Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
    Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
    CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
    JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
    Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
    Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
    VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
    SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
    Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
    Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
    Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water everyday; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
    TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
    Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
    Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
    Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
    Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
  • TexSue, !! Good to have you! I've added your weight loss goals to the list in this thread and your exercise goal to the list in the July Exercise Challenge thread! Good luck!
  • Delphi~ OMG! I'm dyin' over here! Bwahahaha!!! I love it! I'm tellin' ya, our houses are going to be seen sparkling from space by the time we hit our goals!!! I went through this insane Mission Organization project at the beginning of the year--went through and purged/cleaned/organized nearly every room in the house, even the basement! I took pics too! It was the best feeling ever to get it all done, but wow what a long time it took! I should redo my pantry though--it's gotten a little out of whack since I organized it. Thanks for pullin' my pigtails girlie! That'll be first on my list after my workout and breakfast!

Oh, btw, got the bathrooms cleaned and the floor mopped today! Neener, neener, nee-ner!!!

• Hey!! It's only Tuesday. I thought all this nonsense only happened on Friday!!!

I wonder if I can still pull something off with the few hours I have left..we shall see
  • NSM ~ Sandye started it. You're right, Friday's it is. This is just the pre-challenge, get the blood pumping stuff...I just had to...it was like she was taunting me with her clean bathrooms. I love it.

Sandye ~ Neener, Neener..eh? Oh my..seriously laughing out loud just doesn't describe it. Alright deary, it's ON! You remember who gets up an hour earlier than you do...

Texsue ~ Welcome to the challenge and goodluck!

Mystical ~ Grilling out sounds delightful. I wish we could do that more often. Let's get July started off right.
  • I can't believe June is over! I know I'd have never made it this far without you ladies!

I didn't make my exercise goal, but I was down 11 pounds this morning from June 1!! I can't believe I lost 11 pounds in one month!!!!!!!!

My goal for July is another 10 pounds, although I have no idea what or how things will happen.

My major non-weight goals are to get DH moved to Maryland, get the house ready to list (I'm hoping to have it ready to show by June 15 so that people can see it while we're out of town), and figuring out what will happen with my job.

I have an NSV for today. I was doing some yard work with my grandmother, trying to figure out how to reshape the flower bed and getting the lower branches of the trees cut down. It's amazing what a little more light can do for the front of the house! Anyway, while out there, I was wearing this pair of men's cotton shorts I'd gotten for yardwork a year or two ago, and they started falling down!!!!!! My shirt that I got with them was baggy, too, and it used to feel really tight.

I also met with my realtor, got pre-qualified for a loan for the house we want in MD, found a new home for one of my cats (the other one gets to stay), went to the office for a bit, and got some things from Home Depot. Yesterday, I managed to find a room for rent for DH for less than half what we were afraid we'd have to pay. Plus, he has so much vacation and comp time from work that we found out he'll get a little more than 1 full months pay which means I can get the bills paid for July!!

I may be scarce this month, but I'll be thinking of you all!
  • Hi, I am Crazymamaof4's mom. I just returned from a week with her, and she looks great! She has inspired me, so here I am. My goal for July is to lose 7-10 pounds, work out 6-7 days a week, and to drink more water. What is POP?
  • hey chickies! I am proud because I used up most of my points so after dinner i only had like 1 point left. Well I wanted something sweet. So i went for a most pleasant jog and got some activity points and ate SF jello with a tbsp of SF Cool whip and it was so goo. And guess what it is considered NO POINTS. I haven't weighed myself since sunday (because I do it at the gym and I haven't been due jogging outside) and I am dying to know what I weigh. I don't like to be surprised on WI day WW. I hope everyone's evening is going well. I have to get to the dishes.
  • Hello! I would like to join.

This is my first challenge.

My goal for July is to lose 12 lbs.

Good luck everyone!

Ren
  • MY goal is to try for 10 lbs.
    Congrats to all the June losers, whether you met your goal or not.
  • Quote: Hi, I am Crazymamaof4's mom. I just returned from a week with her, and she looks great! She has inspired me, so here I am. My goal for July is to lose 7-10 pounds, work out 6-7 days a week, and to drink more water. What is POP?
    MOM!!! Woo hoo! My mom is here, my mom is here! Ladies, this woman is amazing--heck, if she can put up with having me as her kid, you KNOW she can do anything!

Mom, POP is Perfectly On Plan OP is On Plan...um, what else...I dunno, I'm so excited you've joined the group I can't think straight!

Woo hoo! How cool is this! My mom is here, my mom is here!! Hee hee!

Delphi~ Hmm, you challengin' me girlie? Huh? I can set my alarm earlier if I need to! Get my work out done crazy early-- and have plenty of time to whip my pantry into shape! Heck, I don't have to make hubby his lunch tomorrow either so there's nothin' stoppin' me! You're goin' doooowwwwwn!!!

Okay girls, enough silliness for tonight--I need to get to bed asap if I'm going to wake up a o'dark thirty to workout and clean my pantry!

Happy Last Day of June ladies! You should ALL be very proud of yourselves! For all the losses and workouts and for all the first steps toward a better you, give yourselves a giant pat on the back! Now get your butts to bed, get a great night's sleep so you'll be ready for an amazing First Day of July!!
  • WELCOME, Late to the game! So glad you decided to join us!!!! We LOVE your daughter...she's a rockstar around here!
    POP mean Perfectly On Plan, usually with eating, but can also refer to exercise. Best wishes to you on your journey!
  • OH my goodness! : ) Late to the game, How so very nice to have you join us , what a lovely suprise .........welcome to the team Regarding your daughter, MsPerception said it best! Her spirit shines......oh and she always reminds us to drink our water She has been an inspiration to us all.

Wifey , Janis, and Glutio, wb girls . Ashley, Annie, TexSue, and iamren to our team.

crazymamaof4, oh you must be so thrilled to have your mom here. That is so cool! . Have a good nights sleep.

posting, brb
  • okay, I copied this from our previous post for those of you who may be new to the site. Also,

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with our lingo here, we have initials for some words. DH means dear husband, DS...dear son, DD....dear daughter, lol... laugh out loud, TOM....time of month (you will be seeing that one a lot! lol . Oh and POP means perfectly on plan, OP....on plan (we use that one a lot) and WI means weigh in.

Mystical, enjoy the holiday tomorrow and the cookout Have you ever had grilled zucchini? I love it on the grill, I slice it very thin lengthwise and cook it well. Yum!!! Enjoy your day.

Delphiiiiii, lol@ the stages photos. You did a great job. I am really enjoying watching you and sandye neener back and forth Keep it rocking girls and ty for sharing too.

Hi newshiny . The girls started early.....I think the places will be spic and span come friday, lol ; ). HOpe you had a great day girl.

Glutioooooo, wtg on the 11 lb. loss, that is super. Congratulations wtg on your clothes fitting looser too! Sounds like you have been quite busy...good luck with everything and do fill us in when you get the time : )

cakeeeeee, nice going on the points and jog. Good luck with your WI, do you WI on thursdays? Keep up the good work and once again, nice to have you back.

ren, Janis, and to all of you ladies.......a big hello and wishing us all a great first day of our new month tomorrow.