July Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 28 of 39
Go to
  • Welcome Back Delph and the Boysi!!!
    So good to have you back girl! Hopefully you are sleeping in this morning, and catching up on your rest. I know the Hospital is not a place of rest!!!! Anywho, still praying for strength and wisdom for you, and health and happiness for the Boys! Love ya, chickie

LookingtobeHealthy- You are to hard on yourself....I don't think that is a bad pic on your avatar, and I love it when I get to put a face with a name. It helps me remember who is who a lot better! Yay! on your loss I must have missed it in one of your posts what surgery? when? Hopefully it is something easy. Hopefully, you can keep posting during your recovery!

Glutio- Just Tired? I was exhausted just reading your activities! Did you get a good nights rest last night. You know, You could always whack your husband in the head a couple of times "in your sleep":o and then blame it on your new sleeping pills! You might feel a whole lot better!

Blondie- I know you didn't specifically ask me, but I was gonna butt in on your question about "what do you eat in a day?" Well, it was really more along the lines of writing/logging in. Of course, there is always pen/paper, but I use the online diet journals I use "thedailyplate.com, I tried sparkpeople.com, and Fitday.com wasn't bad either. Delphi uses a different one, and I can't remember what it was called. They are all free to use/sign up. Most have lots of fun little graphs, and reports to help you through like calories over time, weight loss over time, and your measurements. You might want to check into those, to give yourself a way to track what is/isn't working. Good luck.
  • Good Morning Ladies

looking ~ Thank you and on the drop.

blondie ~ How many calories are you eating a day? My suggestion is to log your food, either at home or on one of these sites designed for it. Log your food for a week just to see what your intake is. The more data you have about your body, the better an understanding you will have then adjust things accordingly. Thanks for all the well wishes.

NSM ~ Thanks I'm on the fence. I was given nothing that would indicate that this would prolong his life or make it easier. Seems to me there are more "cons" than there are "pros".

Jacque
    ~ Thanks darling Looking good in those photos luv.

LE ~ Thanks for all the well wishes. Luv ya to girly.

As for me, I almost forgot what a good nights rest was. Granted I feel like poo this morning, perhaps because I slept too long. TOM has been around since Monday which didn't help much with my already emotionally strung self but lets hope he will get the heck out of here soon, I'm ready to start dropping the weight and get back to my routine. Gonna talk to our pediatrician today and discuss the Malacia of the airway and some suctioning equipment we need and hopefully I can do all this by phone. I am soo not taking Canaan anywhere soon, if I can help it.

So I'm hopeful that tomorrow I can get back on schedule, back to exercising and back to life in general. I mean I didn't even weigh this morning, until TOM's gone, I probably don't want to. At any rate, you ladies have an uber awesome day and I'll check back in later.
  • Lewis, so funny!!! My sleep doesn't appear to have been that great last night. All choppy and around 5 hours! Booooo!! I'm not sure if I'm up for good today, yet. I may try to lay down again until DH gets up for work and pray for another hours of sleepy time!
  • Quote: Good Morning Ladies

[Jacque[/B] ~ Thanks darling Looking good in those photos luv.
    Thanks and so glad you got a good nights sleep!!!
  • July Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--July Exercise Challenge http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175369. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Get back on track OP consistently; lose between 6-7 lbs
    Sunflowergirl68: Lose 8-10 lbs; drink more water
    NewShinyMe: Keep track of water intake; reach the 160's; stay accountable during the weekends
    Jelder227: Lose 8-10 lbs
    LaurenA: Lose 5 lbs
    Lene1974: Drink 64 oz of water daily; lose 5 lbs
    Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
    Delphi: Reach ONEderland--MET GOAL!!; lose 10 lbs
    Jacqui_D: Lose 7-10 lbs
    JoyinSF: Lose 6-8 lbs
    Crazymamaof4: Lose at least 5 lbs; eat even MORE fruits and veggies; try out a new recipe every week; stay POP at least 85% of the time
    Jellybellyjess: Lose 7-10 lbs
    Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs to be under 225 lbs
    Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; maintain a 1000-calorie deficit 5 days a week
    Linzluv: Lose 10 lbs
    Mystical: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Robbynmarie_k: Fit into a size 18; reach 48 in waist measurement; maintain a 1000 calorie deficit; reach 220 lbs
    Sugarbaby269: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Stephanielllll: Lose 8 lbs; drink recommended amount of water
    Gekster: Lose 9 lbs; be more accountable on the weekends
    Peachykeen62: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Merose: Reach "overweight" on BMI chart; lose 9 lbs to reach 185 lbs
    Joyra: Lose 10 lbs to reach 145 lbs; lose 10 inches
    CakeBatter: Lose 6 lbs to reach 165 lbs; try to eat "clean"
    JazzyPeggy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 273 lbs
    Ms_Perception: Lose 5 lbs; take a multi-vitamin at least 85% of the time; lose inches, especially around the waist
    Canadianangel: Go gluten-free
    VickieLou: Lose 15 lbs
    SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
    Wifey: Lose 10 lbs; drink a LOT of water
    Ashley4012: Eat no fast food; lose 10 lbs
    Annie96: Lose 8 lbs; drink water every day; do not do mindless munching; measure and prepare food to stay consistent with Fitday journaling
    TexSue: Lose 5 lbs; drink 48 oz of water per day
    Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
    Late_to_the_Game: Lose 7-10 lbs; drink more water
    Iamren: Lose 12 lbs
    Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
    Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 6-8 lbs
    JasonsLea: No "pigging out" in Alabama for BFF's wedding
    Ruby5839: Lose 5-8 lbs; stay OP at least 5 days a week
    Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
    CamiToo: Reach 220 lbs
    LewisEmpire: Drink 64 oz of water every day; lose 8 lbs
    Tracy: Lose as much weight as possible under 277.6 lbs
    SteelersGirlie: Lower number of bad carbs eaten; eat more vegetables; lose 10 lbs
    SkinnyJeansInWaiting: Lose 10 lbs
    Moralia: Reach the 130s
    Candtlove: Lose 10 lbs; drink more fluids
    Just_a_dreamy1: No bingeing; drink at least 6 bottles of water a day; fit into size 7's with NO muffin top; eat as healthily as possible
    Mommaof2lilmen: Lose 5 lbs; drink more water
    Couch: Lose 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) to reach 96.5 kg (212.3 lbs)
    2beautiful2Bfat; Lose 10 lbs to reach 202 lbs
    Paisleyprincess: Lose 12 lbs to reach 230 lbs
    Mothermavis: Lose 11 lbs to reach 145 lbs
    SoulMeetsBody: Drink 10 cups of water a day; try not to "pig out"; lose 4-5 lbs
    Tummy_Girl: Lose 10 lbs to reach 189 lbs
    Jacque9999: Stay in the 120s
    Petunia418: Lose 10 lbs
    PaperSkin: Reach the 160s
  • Delphi, I am so happy that Canaan and you are home where you belong. I'm also relieved to hear that you are going to research about the trach. I know you know it's about quality of life for Canaan, and you want to do all you can IF it's going to improve his quality of life. You're such a great mommy. You really are. And congrats on hitting ONEderland, sweetie! I'm glad you're getting back to your routine!

Lewis, I don't know if hot tea or cold tea are considered one over the other better for you. I do know that recent findings have shown that drinking tea piping hot can have bad effects in the long run on your throat and esophagus. The recommendation is just to give it a few minutes to cool some before you start drinking it. Makes sense!

Looking, I love your new avatar pic! And if that's not flattering, you must be a stunner in person! Congrats on the new decade! 239.9!!

Glutio, good job on all the housework!

NSM, yeah, my crockpot base is just a medium size one, so it works very well!
  • Hello ladies, Hope all is going well for you today!
    I just have a quick question. I just had my weight in yesterday and I was so excited to have lost 7.5 lbs but this morning it says I am up by 1lb and I didn't do anything different yesterday as fas as my eating went and I did an hour workout with my trainer is this normal?
  • Mystical ~ Yes, that is very normal. I would suggest recording your weight daily for a month, just to become familiar with your daily fluctuations. That way when you are up a pound, you don't worry about it too much. It is very normal.

Jacqui ~ Exactly! That has always been my main concern. We have an appointment with the pediatrician around 1. I think we wants to discuss things with me and get him some meds. I think I'm gonna let them go ahead and scheduled surgery for the reflux, but I'm leaning towards no trach at the moment, but I see what the doc has to say today about it. Anywho, thanks a lot sweetie for all the support and prayers.

Jacque ~ Thanks.
  • I've just realised that 186 is not longer obese for me, not 188! Miscalculation! oh dear.
    Ah well. It still fits within my july weight loss goal.
    Anyway, I'm feeling good. I'm wearing denim!
  • Morning girls!
    It feels like my arms are going to fall off this morning LOL. I added some cardio boxing to my routine and I am feeling it today (well, and yesterday ). That is not going to stop me from working out today though. I need to blow out some steam since the whole house hunting adventure is driving me nuts
    On the positive side, I am starting to get urges to exercise to blow off steam instead of resorting to food. How cool is that? Now I just have to act on them :P

Blondie: What LE and Delphi said. Before starting to cut things down, it would be useful to just write down what you eat for a few days or a week to see where you can improve later.

Glutio: I am exhausted just from reading your post.

LTBH: Look at you go, I think you will be where you want to be for the surgery

LE: LOL at your comment for Glutio you are just too funny

Delphi: Hi Babe! I now want to congratulate you on Onderland. I know it didn't come the way you would've wanted to, but it came anyway. Hopefully TOM will be gone soon and you will feel a little better. Good luck with the pediatrician today, I hope he (she?) gives you a good insight of what is better for Canaan. Like Jacqui said, it's all about quality of life for him.

Jacqui: I hadn't thought about really hot tea being not so good for you, but it totally makes sense.

Mystical: Yeah, it's normal, our bodies are funny that way. If you are tracking your progress in a graph, you will see that despite the ups and downs, the trend will be a definite point downward.

Alrighty, that wasn't too bad, you can tell half of our girlies are away since it only took me like 20 minutes to catch up

I will be back later to chat some more. Have a great day!
  • Hey all, I am leaving this morning for the BFs family reunion. I'll be out the middle of no where with no real food options other than what is provided so I will just have to do the best I can. Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Delphi Glad to see you and the little guy home and feeling a little less stressed out!
  • I'm coming into it a little late but my goal is to permanently say goodbye to the 170s in July. My birthday is July 26th, and I'm hoping to get there by then, but it may be tough. I also want to start exercising a minimum of 30 mins a day. I've attributed the lack of movement on the scale to the lack of movement of my butt!
  • Quote: Morning girls!
    It feels like my arms are going to fall off this morning LOL. I added some cardio boxing to my routine and I am feeling it today (well, and yesterday ). That is not going to stop me from working out today though. I need to blow out some steam since the whole house hunting adventure is driving me nuts
    On the positive side, I am starting to get urges to exercise to blow off steam instead of resorting to food. How cool is that? Now I just have to act on them :P
    Great positive!!!

Quote: I'm coming into it a little late but my goal is to permanently say goodbye to the 170s in July. My birthday is July 26th, and I'm hoping to get there by then, but it may be tough. I also want to start exercising a minimum of 30 mins a day. I've attributed the lack of movement on the scale to the lack of movement of my butt!
    Go get 'em!!! Shake that booty till it falls off!!! You CAN get there!!!
  • paperskin ~

LaurenA ~ Thanks sweetie.

Gekster ~ Good luck!

NSM ~ That is excellent news. When you get to that point you know you are over the hump and well on your way. And thanks for all the kind words.

Merose ~ Wow! Big milestone. You should be very proud of yourself dear. I know I am.

As for me, we just returned from the pediatrician. Have I mentioned before how much I love that man? He is awesome. There was no pressure and he sat down and talked to me for over an hour. We decided to try medication to control the acid in his stomach, another med to get rid of the contents in his stomach quicker and he is putting in the order for a suctioning device to use at home. Plus he extended the antibiotics. So we are gonna try Canaan on the new meds for a month and than reevaluate his condition then to determine if the trach is the next step if the meds don't work or at least decrease the inflammation of the vocal cords and his upper airway. So I am quite happy with that. There was no pressure and I feel like this is a better option. I'd feel better making a decision when we have exhausted all other options first..ya know? So ya for Canaan and me. No doctors for a whole month.

I am back to eating regularly. When I was at VCH, I was barely getting enough calories to sustain my body, not to mention adequate nutrition. I'm so glad it didn't fudge up my metabolism eating only 200-400 calories a day. Yikes! But the good thing was, even though I was emotionally distraught and stressed out, I didn't go to the food court and indulge. Not once. It never even crossed my mind to "feel better with food" ya know? I guess that's why I didn't eat a lot either. I wasn't gonna put that junk into my body...period. I just stayed hydrated and eat a Nutrigrain bar when I could stomach food. Then my buddy came down and sat with me all night Tuesday and he pretty much made me eat a six inch sub. Only after I saw the calorie content on the case did I say ok.

He is another positive out of this whole mess. He's coming over this weekend to. Anywho, I'm not smoking as much either. Since I have to go through so much just to smoke. I can't smoke anywhere in my house or car and when I go out to smoke I pretty much have to change my shirt and then put the clean, non smoke smelling shirt when I come back in. So, some good did come out of all of this and Canaan is home and happy again so I can't ask for more than that..eh?

Well I guess I'm caught up, and at least back on track for the next month, God willing Canaan does well. So let's do this ladies.